Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yuba
Took the scouts to Yuba for an overnighter. We launched at Painted Rocks and paddled to the boat-in sites at Eagle Point.

The place was empty so we set up camp on the choicest of choice spots. After camp set up we set up to fish.

Fishing was great. We caught 3-4 pound fighters one right after another till dark. As darkness fell we carved a few pieces of bait out of one of our catches and threw them out hoping for a catfish.
It was not meant to be.
Final count was 14 good sized carp and nothing else but a good time. Could have not asked for better weather.
[signature]
Nice work, carp are fun fighters. Yuba seems to be loaded with them! Years ago when I used to go there that is all I ever saw get pulled out of there. Tugs are tugs though in my opinion. I would take a Carp over a skunking any day any where!
[signature]
12 yr olds who only get to fish 1/2 dozen times a year sure don't care. They were having a ball with the drags set light and the hooks set deep, they hauled away on them.
Biggest was probably only 4 pounds and they didn;t look healthy at all. Huge bloated belly's and skinny tails. It took some carving to get a couple of decent Catfish size chunks from one. The meat felt mealy when we put it on the hook too.

Water is high, higher than I have ever seen it this time of year, probably not 4' below full. Made me wonder how the duck hunting would be up near the inlet.
[signature]