Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CJ Strike 10/18/11
Fished CJ Strike Tuesday and managed to get a few out of the Bruneau Arm. I was surprised that the water temp was 57 when we started around 10 AM and went up to 61 when we quit at 2 PM. Wind wasn't too bad when we started but came up as the day progressed. [Image: DSCN0292.JPG]
14" Largemouth
[Image: DSCN0294.JPG]
15" Largemouth
[Image: DSCN0295.JPG]
15" Smallie

I caught the Largies on brown/purple jig with cinnamon/purple flake twin tail grub. The Smallie on a watermelon/red flake smallie beaver. Fishing was slow but to me it was still a great day.
[signature]
That was a great day!

I fished CJ this morning. Didn't take the boat, just fished off the bank on the main part of the reservoir. It was just a short trip, we were only there for about an hour and a half. On the first cast I hooked into a pretty lively little 10 inch smallie. Although it was pretty cold and windy, I thought maybe this was a sign the fish were going to be active. I only got one other little hit, and that was it for the trip. So we took off and checked out some hunting spots.

A guy that was camped there, reported that they had done well catching perch over the past few days. He said they had been fishing "the hump" primarily.
[signature]
Great to see some decent bass showing up in there.
[signature]
I woulda rather been fishing with you while it was slow than at work! But I gotta work so I can fish!

I'm going Sunday but I'm gonna go looking for some perch & crappie that are NOT hump dwellers!
[signature]
Just outside of the Cottonwood ramp they were catching perch and in the boat slip area they were catching small trout, obviously planters. They all looked to be right at 12". You might want to try that to stay away from the crowds. There were duck hunters up where the Bruneau dumps in.
[signature]
nice bass. bob how many bass did you get.im hitting brownlee fri and sat.. not quite ready to give up on bass. its coming but im not giving up. i gave up at strike.
[signature]
Those were the only three I caught but had other bites and missed a few. I've heard Brownlee is fishing really good right now for bass but getting in is a problem. I don't want to go all the way to Woodhead and I won't take my bass boat on gravel roads. It has enough rock chips in it. [:/]
[signature]
Nice job Bob. I am looking forward to seeing you guys again and even doing some fishing.
[signature]
thats slow. actually the cove dirt ramp is easy and not a bad road opposed to woodhead for us in nampa and boise.we actually put in at the cemetery 4X4 at 63 feet . you can put in at the cove with ease to about 50 feet. for us diehards it is the last action we get until march. for the gas price opposed to woodhead its easy. i know what you mean about towing your baby (i took mine there) and it isnt bad.
[signature]
nice fish bassinbob !
[signature]