Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Took my nephew fishing
My nephew was here for a few days of visiting and fishing. We took him up hiking into a couple of creeks here in Idaho, and since it was still hunting season, we all have bright orange vests on in the pictures. The bright vests made it a bit difficult to not spook every fish within 2 miles, but the fishing was still pretty good anyway....even with that many of us splashing around in the creek. Plus for once I didn't have to man the camera! [cool]

Some October caddis were hatching and there were some green bodied hoppers in the grass, so we mostly used stimulators, hoppers, adams, and caddis flies. It was a blast to still have good dry fly fishing this late in the year.

Tom started it off by showing us how it is done at a beaver dam.

[Image: 2.JPG]

Unfortunately he also over topped his waders when we tried to get upstream past the beaver pond. There was just no way through the willow jungle at that spot. I must have ribbed him a bit too much about it, because my karma left at the end of the day, and I slid down a bank to take a full side plunge in the creek. It was a wet day but great fun! [laugh][laugh]

More pictures of the mayham:

[Image: 10.JPG]

[Image: 6.JPG]

[Image: 9.JPG]

[Image: 3.JPG]

[Image: 4.JPG]

[Image: 5.JPG]

[Image: 7.JPG]

[Image: 8.JPG]

Total fun for all, and I'll probably be back out there somewhere soon!
[Image: 11.JPG]
[signature]
What a pretty little creek, and great pictures also. Thanks for sharing. Portnuff area?[Smile]
[signature]
Cindy... as usual a great post.. and it is a rare pleasure to see pictures of you on the water and in action... looks like a great day for all...

MacFly
[signature]
Pa, thanks and no not that close, it was quite a drive away from Poky, and it seemed like half of it was on the roughest gravel roads in Idaho!

Macfly, Thanks! It was a fun day and great not having to run the camera, but the fish always looked bigger in the closeups!
[signature]
[#0000bf]"Macfly, Thanks! It was a fun day and great not having to run the camera, but the fish always looked bigger in the closeups!"[/#0000bf]
[#0000bf][/#0000bf]
[#000000]Sounds like a fish story to me.. :-)[/#000000]

MacFly
[signature]
wow Its great to finally see a face with the posts instead of hands holding fish
[signature]
Those are great pictures....
[signature]
Thanks to all! It was sure a fun day, and I especially liked just being able to hold up the fish for a quick picture, rather than trying to jockey fish and camera at the same time. But you should see the pictures I didn't post! [shocked] I think the cameraman has an evil streak and was trying hard to catch me in all of the best positions, such as loosing my balance in the creek or with my hair trapped by a hawthorn bush! See if I let him hold the camera next time!! Revenge will be sweet.....
[signature]
[Image: happy.gif][font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000]Nice story and great pics. Love fishing the small waters as it seems that one can get closer to nature.[/#008000][/font]
[signature]