Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We took my nephew fishing
My nephew was here for a few days of visiting and fishing. We took him up hiking into a couple of creeks here in Idaho, and since it was still hunting season, we all have bright orange vests on in the pictures. The bright vests made it a bit difficult to not spook every fish within 2 miles, but the fishing was still pretty good anyway....even with that many of us splashing around in the creek. Plus for once I didn't have to man the camera! [cool]

Some October caddis were hatching and there were some green bodied hoppers in the grass, so we mostly used stimulators, hoppers, adams, and caddis flies. It was a blast to still have good dry fly fishing this late in the year.

Tom started it off by showing us how it is done at a beaver dam.

[Image: 2.JPG]

Unfortunately he also over topped his waders when we tried to get upstream past the beaver pond. There was just no way through the willow jungle at that spot. I must have ribbed him a bit too much about it, because my karma left at the end of the day, and I slid down a bank to take a full side plunge in the creek. It was a wet day but great fun! [laugh][laugh]

More pictures of the mayham:

[Image: 10.JPG]

[Image: 6.JPG]

[Image: 9.JPG]

[Image: 3.JPG]

[Image: 4.JPG]

[Image: 5.JPG]

[Image: 7.JPG]

[Image: 8.JPG]

Total fun for all, and I'll probably be back out there …..somewhere….. soon!

[Image: 11.JPG]
[signature]
Sounds like an awesome trip. I love when the October caddis come off. Those are some beautiful cutts, you guys definitely showed him a good time, even if you guys did both end up cold and wet.
[signature]
Well done and thanks for sharing. Some of those cutts seem enormous for that little stream, particularly the one in the next-to-last photo--very handsome specimens!
[signature]