Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am I Missing Anything???
Hello all,
I am currently down in Utah where I just graduated from BYU. I am originally from Pennsylvania and one of my best friends from there is flying out next week for a week long fishing trip of some of the best in the West. Because my wife, son, and I are likely going to move back East soon as I am applying to medical school, this may very well be my last great fishing trip in the West for a very long time.
Right now our line up is as follows: Seedskadee (WY), South Fork of the Snake, Box Canyon, Lewis Channel, Henry's Lake, Madison River.
My questions are - 1) Since I haven't fished many of these waters, is there anything or any place I should definitely focus in on? 2) Are there any waters that might be off the popular radar (all of these are big name waters), that might provide as good or better fishing - we are mainly going after migratory browns but open to other options too? 3) Are there any of these waters that you would recommend avoiding for some reason?
Trust me - I will not "hot spot" any waters. I don't have an incentive to, and like I said, I will probably not have a chance to fish any of these waters for years unless something changes.

Thanks in advance!
- Josh
[signature]
Travel all this way and you have the Green in your back yard? just joking but not really. Pm me I'll give you some ideas.
[signature]
Fly rods? Spinning rods? both?
[signature]
We are planning on fly-fishing the whole time.
[signature]
Of course, if you are going to give details on where Shadow might want to try, you best be giving him the flies to go with those waters[laugh][laugh][laugh]

I have a bunch for you on Saturday...good luck.
[signature]
dont know your dates but Yellowstone closes nov 6th from what I understand.
[signature]
You can contact Jimmy's All Seasons Angler shop in Idaho Falls and some of the ones like Blue Ribbon and Trout Hunter up in Island Park etc. Find out how things are fishing and where are some good spots.

Jimmy's is here: http://jimmysflyshop.com/
[signature]