Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chesterfield Reservoir
Boy today was a very slow day at Chesterfield. I had two dinkers in the first 1/2 hour and then it took 3 1/2 more hours until the next and last one. The last one made it all worth it, although I was wishing I were at Magic where I knew I would catch more. The wind came up today at Chesterfield, so I called it a day 2 hours before my planned departure. Here is a photo of the fish. 20" long with a 14" girth. Quite the football. I caught it on a dark green crystal woolly bugger. A funny thing happened while I was talking to another pontooner, who was drifting a worm, his pole started dancing and he was busy talking to me so he didn't see it. I had to tell him he had a hit because he had no idea. It ended up being over 2 lbs.
[signature]
Wow, that is quite the fatty! They sure have been eating well everywhere this year.
[signature]
I would have to agree that the catch rate at Magic was probably a bit higher at Magic than what you've described for Chesterfield. I kept a limit and released about a dozen more yesterday, all caught from the bank. Of course it was windy as all get out, but then again when isn't it windy at Magic especially in October? Still all in all, if you get on one of the shorelines where there's some cover and the air temps are like they were yesterday, it makes it easier to put up with some wind as long as the fish are biting like they were throughout the entire day.
[signature]