Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DC quickie
Had the day off today and after seeing the recent DC reports decided I'd make a quick run up there. Had other obligations so I was only able to spend about three hours fishing. Fished by by island trying to find some perch. Only found one in about 30 feet of water. Had several other taps that I'm sure were it's friends but couldn't hook anymore or find any big schools. I did catch quite a few finless freddys while I was there. Weather was excellent the whole time I was there and the lake was like glass. Water temp when I left was about 53. Wish the catching could have been a little better, but it was great to get the float tube out one more time before ice-fishing season arrivces.
[signature]
We saw you at DC today from our car. We were the idiots in the red car driving back and forth around the lake fishing the beachs! Report is coming very soon! No perch were found on our lines either.
[signature]
I and a party of four hit DC from the shore after dark. True to recent experience, the male rainbows moved in one the gravel near to shore. We limited out in two hours with all males. Hope the females will move in soon.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Glad you could at least get in a few hours but sorry the fish weren't more playful...at least the yellow fish.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I usually find a few perch out there but it can be a tough hunt some days...and some days without much to show for it. That's why they call it fishing and not harvesting.[/#0000ff]
[signature]