Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adams / Holmes / Hobbs - Davis Co
I can see these reservoirs on the map, but I am trying to figure out where to access them. ?
Looking for a place to take my son that is close by.
Are these ok? Easy access? Worth it? etc?
[signature]
Rob go to our forum Utah Fishing Holes for directions to Holmes Creek.
[signature]
Somebody posted this once (may be what you'll find in the sticky). Not sure about the others - but they are close by. Might try Googlemaps or Mapquest for directions:

Holmes Creek Res

As one travels north on Highway 89 one will see a large water tank on the west side of the road. I believe the sign on the tank says, "Layton Surf and Swim". The next road north of the large water tank is Gentile Street and one takes that road heading west. Park where some large transmission power lines cross the road. There is a road (has a gate on it, so one can not drive down it) that one can access and hike down to the dam to access the reservoir.
Holmes is a great little fishing hole, Adams reservoir I believe is only a drinking source and can be seen from the switchbacks while climbing the canyon. I may be wrong but it does have barb wire around itSmile
[signature]
Just watch out for the poison oak! My son gets a serious case of it every time we go there!
[signature]