Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tying One On - my first time
That's too funny - I'd expected a relocation - was almost gonna invite it - but I guess the MODs know who not to mess with! Ha!!! (ok, so NOW it'll happen Who's poking the Bear!)
Although - I think I may be banned from the Fly-Board anyway, to think - suggesting tipping a hand-tied fly with nightcrawler!
Oh - the humanity! It's a madhouse! A MADHOUSE!

[inline SpiderRecall.JPG]

Sometimes things don't appear to belong in the same place, but when you think about it - there may be logic behind the madness! Buwahahahaha.

[inline Baby_Needs.jpg]

Now I'm working on Ice-Flies! You can dig that.
[cool][#0000ff]Gonna tie some ice flies huh? Here's a good example for ya.[/#0000ff]

[inline "ICE FLY.jpg"]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Also, one of the more difficult patterns is a fly with silver teeth.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[inline "SILVER TEETH.jpg"]
[signature]
[quote gstott]
It's fun to experiment with all sorts of random materials. A friend of mine that worked at a fly shop showed me a nice, durable little pattern called a "Condom Caddis". I now use surgical gloves instead as I don't really need spermicide for the trout [laugh] But seriously, get creative, it makes tying even more fun.[/quote]

Now that sounds like an interesting "alternate" use of a "luv glove". You could call it recycling (reminds me of a bad joke - save that for rough-n-rowdy) - "Do they come in Garlic?" "Some have GLOW" I'll stop there...

Along with the Wine-Cork Poppers, how about Beer-Cap Lures? Treble hooks for all you meat-lubbers!
Chicken feathers -n- thread, what more do ya need! Maybe a sprinkle of glitter for pop!
[center]RedNeck Fishing!
[/center]
[inline bottlecaplure.jpg]

[inline BottleCapLures.jpg]

Of course you have to get a "Toon" like THESE to fish these from:
[inline PoolToon.jpg][inline RedNeckBassBoat.jpg]

Or if your inclined to Ice-Fishing:
[inline boat.jpeg]
Why the hell would you pay 5 bucks for a bottle cap when you can buy the whole six pack for 4. Secondly how drunk would you have to be to think that up, or how drunk would you have to be to buy them. Don't get me wrong, I'm definitly a redneck but that is borderline retarded. I guess people will buy anything though, bottle caps, pocket lint ect. OHHHHHHHH!
[signature]
Those look pretty good for just beginning. Browns are showing up on redds and getting territorial. They're not gonna be super picky about what you're dragging across their nests. I'm sure you could do well with your streamers right now.
[signature]
Hey I made one of those bottle cap lures this year and used it during the weeks I was helping with the DWR youth fishing program. They weren't the greatest lure in the world but I did catch three hatchery pets one night.
[signature]