Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake Fishing Update 11/7/11
November 7, 2011

Bear Lake Fishing Report:

Surface water temperature is 53 degrees. Fishing has been good for lake trout and cutthroat trout. Lake trout are still spawning and can be found in shallow water. Pressure from shore has been very low, but those who are braving the cold weather are catching fish casting from shore at Cisco Beach and off the Utah State Park marina. Mornings and early evenings have been the best times. Anglers in boats are having the best luck either jigging and trolling in water (45-60’ deep) using downriggers off Gus Rich Point. Trolling along South Eden, Cisco Beach, and North Eden is also producing some fish in water from 5-20 feet deep. The best trolling lures have been flatfish and rattling crank baits. The anglers jigging are using 4-5” tube or twister tail jigs tipped with cisco. Boat launching is available at the Utah State Park marina, 1st Point, and the Rainbow Cove ramp. You can also launch boats on the east side at the Idaho State Park east beach as well as Idaho State Park on the north end of the lake. All boat ramps have courtesy docks in place at this time. The ramp at Cisco Beach is not usable since the concrete portion of the ramp is well underwater and with the soft sand and loose rock, you can easily get stuck. Remember, if you launch, boat or fish on the Idaho half of the lake you MUST have an Idaho mussel certification sticker on your boat or you will be ticketed.
[signature]
Thanks for the update Scott, sounds like the Bear is still producing some good fish, By the way, when does the first whitefish spawn start?
[signature]
How long before the whites start running? If I remember correctly, it is right after Thanksgiving. Is that right?
[signature]
Great report dude, keep them coming please!
[signature]
I'm expecting the whitefish to begin hitting well around Thanksgiving and the first two weeks of December. The first week of December is pretty much a given that the fishing for them will be going full bore.
[signature]
Thanks Scott for the PM invite and report.

I see a whitefish breakfast in my near future.
[signature]
I knew if someone mentioned "whitefish", you'd say "breakfast".
[signature]
My favorite time of year and meal.
[signature]