Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 weeks left in the hole.....
Hit hole 33 this morning blowzers!!!!! First off me and my boy pull up and have the place to our selves... Upon walking down I hear it thunder!!!! The cove is lit up man the stripers are getting beached they were so shallow.... By the time we got down there it was over..Sad dang it!!!arrrrrr... Anyways the little bridge that connects the main land to the island is about a foot out of the water now.... Man the water has rose fast!!! Anyways I say within 2 weeks the hole will be island again without shore acsess unless you wanna wade in the clay crap and get stuck... So if you got love for the place better hit it hard and fast....
[signature]
No, cant say I have any love for the place... no fish or what?
[signature]
I’ve been bank fishing 33hole since 2004. The shoreline has dramatically changed over the years, unless the parking lots are flooded there will always be a spot to cast a lure and catch fish.

My suggestion to you would be fish the points (the big red circles) by fish I mean actively cast shad imitations. Heck even cast one of those gay c plugs youre always talking about and I wouldn’t be surprised if ya nailed a honker.

One other thing just because there is no surface activity doesn’t mean the fish are gone. The hole starts to slow way down for me around thanksgiving and doesn’t pick back up until early march. Your welcome, now go out there and make me proud to be a BFT member hehe[Wink]

[inline "33 hole map (points).PNG"]

note- this map is very recent and shows about where the shoreline is give or take a couple feet.
[signature]
[quote Troylee]... Man the water has rose fast!!! Anyways I say within 2 weeks the hole will be island again without shore acsess unless you wanna wade in the clay crap and get stuck... So if you got love for the place better hit it hard and fast....[/quote]

Or you can do like me and hit it with a kayak. [sly]
I was hoping to go out tomorrow but work is backing up and I can't afford to get behind by playing hooky.
But I hope to hit it Saturday predawn. Here's looking for some Sat AM mojo on striper. I want to try out my new toy-fishfinder/GPS combo. (The GPS is to mark waypoints, not navigation...I know that area like the back of my hand).
[signature]
Lots of Dinks... Only picture I took was my first bass I ever caught.... It was cool and a decent size but not a keeper...
[Image: 7d8092b4.jpg]
[signature]
I guess I should have been a little more specific... Rocky point and the others will be okay but the actual hole33 will be a island... If you look at the top point you have shown you will see the little connector path that's almost under the water now.... You of all people prolly know exactly what I'm talking about... I have only fished the hole myself none of the others... Yesterday the boats did well for bigger stripers over in the gov wash and if you wanted quanity hemmingway was delivering.... The seagulls and like 5 boats were parked just north of the tires almost the whole day just banging them out....
[signature]
My boy pulled a couple decent ones today... Finally getting past the Dinks and getting some decent action down there.. Lots of boils all around the area but no boat..Sad

[Image: 81c03513.jpg]

[Image: 8046e423.jpg]

[Image: 2d53a377.jpg]
[signature]