Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any fisherperson out there interested in a contest?
We have a new sponsor on the site, http://www.wavefishing.com/
please check them out and see what you think. We will start a giveaway contest soon but wanted to get everyones feedback, is this something that you would be interested in trying? This contest will be for anyone, not just those of you that bass fish. We will be offering free gift certificates from the site above, so everyone, please let us know what you think so we can get the contest going[Smile].
WH2
[signature]
You have me interested but I would like more details on what you're thinking for the bass contest. Free fishing tackle is always good.
[signature]
Richard is planning on doing one on the Ice Fishing contest board as well. There will be $25 e-gift certficates given out as prizes on each contest, the contest will be something like, "What product or lure on [url "http://www.wavefishing.com/"]http://www.wavefishing.com/[/url]
could you use for fishing here in utah? This does not need to be used for bass fishing only, I'm sure some of our members could use them for trout, tiger muskie, maybe even wipers and lake trout. So the idea would be to go the the web site, select a bait that you think would work for a certain type of fish here in Utah, then copy a pic of the lure and post it as a reply, with the name of the fish you feel you could catch with that lure.
For example:

4" Tiki Toad can be used to catch bass.
[inline thumbnail.jpg]
[signature]
If its a C&R type tournament you may get more bass fisherman in it, but most bass fisherman are not posting...
[signature]
That crawdude "gold dust" looks interesting haha.
[signature]
I've used their stick baits, tubes and frogs, and I think they make great stuff. I like all their swirl color patterns. I mostly make my own soft baits now, but I would still be interested, they have some things I don't have molds for. Here is one of their tubes in action:[inline "bass small.JPG"]
[signature]
No tournament Cliff, just a free lure give away for going to their web site and checking it out.
[signature]
I went to the web site, is there something you click on??

I use some of there lures now..
[signature]
[left]Okay well i'm not 100% sure I did this right but based on what i understood from all this.
[left]
[left]so i'm not a very experienced bass fisherman, but as i was checking out there stuff i saw the 6" Shadick softbait and intantly thought "strawberry" I think the white went along perfect with the strawberry classic white tube success while having nice retrieval capabilities. also really liked the grasshopper swirl, but there were lots of colors that i thought. here's the white verion.
[left]6" Shadick - White
[left][url "http://www.wavefishing.com/6-Shadick--White_p_317.html"][Image: 6S021_thumbnail.jpg&maxx=150&maxy=0][/url]
[left]
[left]also the 3" tiki tube pepto pink for icefishing scofield and their tiki stick baits would be awesome for fishing for smallies up at fg from these cliffs i fish near antelope flats.
[left]
[signature]
Looks like you have the basic idea, except are you saying that you think the 6" Shadick - White would work for trout at Strawberry?
[signature]

The 5" White Tiki Snake should do the trick for lake trout. [Wink]
[signature]
From experience I would say that the 4" and 5" Tiki Sticks and 4" tubes would work well fished weightless at Mantua. The green colors such as baby bass swirl would be my top choices.
[signature]
You got it, now all you need to do is repeat this again when the real contest starts[Tongue].
[signature]
Hahaha yeah thats what I'm saying... i watched a guy pull a 24 or 25 inch cutt on a nearly identical soft bait on a quick jerk retrieve from shore with a carolina or texas rigging. call me a dreamer, but i bet i could get it to work with this bait too [Wink]
[signature]