Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BEST ICE CLEATS ?
To all you hard deck fanatics, what type of ice cleats are the best to get for traction, fit and ease of putting on and staying on. I've been looking at a lot of types that are on the market and I just can't seem to make up my mind and don't want to purchase something I'm not happy with. So maybe some of you have can give me some advice that have used them.[Wink] Thanks in advance!
[signature]
I haven't tried a bunch of different ones, so you'll want other input. But I got some of [url "http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-Boot-Chains/721034.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch.cmd%3Fform_state%3DsearchForm%26N%3D0%26fsch%3Dtrue%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3Dice%2Bcleats%26WTz_l%3DHeader%253BSearch-All%2BProducts%26x%3D20%26y%3D6&Ntt=ice+cleats&WTz_l=Header%3BSearch-All+Products"]these chain-type[/url] ones last year, and they've been great. And they're on sale again at Cabelas for $10.
There's the style with spikes, but what I found is most of the time you're on snow, of one flavor or another. I could see if you are on smooth slick ice - the spikes would probably work better.
But I also have a sled/tent - and didn't want to be poking the plastic with little points. The chains may be a little slippery on bare ice - but they do well the majority of the time.
[inline BootCleats.jpg]
WallyWorld had the full sole cleat kind by HT in their ice fishing department for $25.00. They fit on a size 15 sorrel in X-Large.
[signature]
go with the full sole HT'S I have been useing mine for 3 yrs and got lot's of miles on them easy on and off !
[signature]
I use the HT cleats as well. Can't say anything bad about them.
They're great on the ice.
[signature]
Hey Perchound Ive used the chain type and they work really well you can try mine if like.[Image: yell.gif]
[signature]
I have gone through 4 pairs of cleats and I finally bought my last pair. Kahtoola micro spikes
http://www.kahtoola.com/microspikes.php
I have used them on the ice as well as pulling a heavy sled up steep icy slopes off the lake. They have not been fazed by rocks either but just a word of caution walking around your tent... they are sharp. Love em
[signature]