Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gloves
What is the feeling on wearing a glove to land a fish? Neoprene, wool, cotton, rubber, whatever....wet, dry, whatever.
What is your take?
[signature]
I don't wear a glove much,but when I do it is Neoprene with a thin cotton glove underneath. I can still have pretty good sensitivy with this set up.
[signature]
Does anybody where them fly fishing I went the other day and was fine except for my hands would love to find some good gloves to use.
[signature]
I wear a Glacier Glove on the left hand with the slits
on the thumb and index finger. I wear a Sealskin glove on the
right hand( claims to be waterproof but not so), excellent grip of the rod and very flexible.This combination works extremely well when I am nymphing during Nov. and early spring. Keeps my hands warm. I handle the fish with my left hand.
[signature]
I had a pair of the Orvis Wind Stopper fold overs, but found out they sink very quickly when dropped overboard...LOL Love the fold over fingerless.
My main glove now is the Simms
http://www.simmsfishing.com/site/windsto...glove.html

And yes I wear them fly fishing, but you do need stripping fingers free so they do get cold.
[signature]
[#502800]Go to Smith & Edwards and buy a pair of those thin glove liners with the meatallic thread in them. Then go to a paint store and buy a package, (about six pairs to a package), of those blue nitrile gloves to wear over them....... If you tear the nitrile glove, throw it in the garbage and put on another one. [/#502800]
[signature]
Fleece, or Merino Wool lined Glomits !!!

Luv these type gloves gives your the accessibility to tie on small flies then cover your cold fingers.

One rule I learned was " Cotton Kills", meaning cotton has very poor wicking ability, once it get wet either from water or sweat it looses all its ability to retain heat. Materials like fleece, merino wool, gortex, ect ect can keep your extremities warm and retain heat even when wet.
[signature]
Same thing under waders...no cotton. My fleece gloves, you can ring them out and they are nice and dry again.
Great info Sinergy.
[signature]