Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you clean and maintain your reels?
just curious what is your methods for reel cleaning and maintaining?
[signature]
Since I asked I will tell mine. I am not one to take my reels apart, I keep it simple with a simple lubing with ardents reel butter. I used to only use the quantum hot sauce, both the lube and oil but have since shyed away from the thicker lube and use the thin oil. I have heard of people running their reels through warm water then relubing them .

Just curious and trying to learn for myself and help others out
[signature]
I send my reels to Mikesreelrepair.com I have the drag washers upgraded and/ or have the reels 'Super Tuned'. You know how expensive reels are thats why I only do simple cleaning. I'd like to find somebody local who did reel repair so I didnt jave to mail them....local lol, I'm in New York working. Big 'eyes out here
[signature]
I have a friend who removes the stock bearings and replaces them with an aftermarket set, I too wish someone was local who would do reel tuning and repairs.
[signature]
are you sure Anglers Den wont do it? i would call and ask
[signature]
Never have asked but good call
[signature]
Usually your reel should come with a good parts schematic and if your mechanically inclined it's not really hard to do the maintenance or repairs. Sounds like you have some idea what to do you just have to take the next step and do it, you can't hurt it.
[signature]
Fish tech 6153 highland drive slc. 801-272-8808 guy named Doug wallburg I believe. He's excellent and local. Cleans and repairs reels. Surprised nobody mentioned the place.
[signature]
Simple. Fish Tech.
[signature]
I don't really maintain them. Just buy a shimano every other year and you will end up with a lot of'm. [Smile]
[signature]
Thanks for the info. I'll be calling them. Have a bunch of Penn 309's that need some re-build...
[signature]
Lol try a good soak in some salt water .... that'll loosen her up haaha kidding of course! !!!!! [pirate] I have had great success with just a blaster cleaner, dry out abd relube! .
[signature]
I dun soaked up mu reel in da water and mixed some there salt, come dis morn it had some brown orange coloration, i dun tink i got muself some rusty rust.

Thanks everyone for all your input.
[signature]
[Image: cra.jpg]
[signature]
Fish Tech is a good place to take them..
[signature]
Some I have taken to Fish Tech and others I take apart my self and clean..
[signature]
thanks for the all good info
[signature]