Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need some help on a boat....
Gonna be buying a boat soon and there is so many decisions lol... I want a boat that's good for the river and fishing but safe to take on lake during not so shabby weather.... All I know is I want a open bow maybe a bayliner Capri "20ft" or so... Pretty much I need a boat for a family of 5 but I want to be able to fish the river and the lake... Would you get a inboard or outboard?? What's the pros and cons?? I almost considered a little aluminum boat for the river and a bigger one for the lake but the wife ain't having it!!! So what's a happy medium?? I owned a boat a few years ago a 21ft bayliner Capri and had fun at the lake but it seemed to big to run the river "willow beach" or fish.. We just took it out for fun really I never fished from it... I don't know much about them besides the 17ft aluminum rentals I have rented at willow there like perfect for down there but I'm scared to run the lake with something like that if the wind picked up... I'm not so worried myself my kids tend to freak out when the waves roll in and the boats rocking like crazy.. Any help would be greatly appreciated Tia....
[signature]
make sure if you get a outboard it meets the 2003 emission requirements.

either outboard or inboard is good. just make sure the motor runs and possibly ask who you are buying it from if you can do a compression test on the motor before you buy it.

remember when buying a used boat you are buying someone elses problem/headache...lol
[signature]
Yeah I know haha... A friend told me long ago some wise advice..

B. Reak
O. Ut
A. Nother
T. Housand

Lol... What's the differences in the shapes on the hulls effect how they cruise on the water?? Like the fork or deep v etc?? Sorry total newb here on that part...
[signature]
Dont worry bout hulls and all that, u prolly wont be able to tell the difference anyway. all comes down to what ur lookin for in a boat
[signature]
I figured that much... I just want something that's safe or big enough for the lake I should say but not to big to troll the river here and there... Prolly gonna need a hefty trolling motor since anything I pick up with 4 or 6 cylinder is gonna be to much for trolling around... I'm guessing I will spend most of time at the lake with a occasional trip to willow since it's not as close... I keep seeing these great deals on little fishing boats like 14' etc but it won't fit the family... Arrrr maybe I'll stick to renting them at willow and just get a laker boat.... I wanna hit Mohave also and I know it gets nasty down there so I need a decent size boat fwiw... Hmmmm
[signature]
first off, are u planning on buying new or used?
[signature]
Used... 5 to 7k range... Something nice but not outrageous ya know...
[signature]
There are some cool bass boats in that range. Now is a good time of year to buy.
[signature]
A little harder than buying a cast net isn't it? Sorry one size does not fit all. Make the family happy and by a nice cozy ski boat with nice soft seats, a windshield, an outboard and an added bow mount trolling motor. They will be fired up and you won't suffer tooooo much fishing. Or by a fish killing machine, a real get wet, run around it like a monkey, chasing shad into the funk and muck boat, and they might like it......maybe. Good luck!

[inline "photo 068.jpg"]

My ride. From Seal Rock outside the Golden Gate, to Flaming Gorge, Powell, and many other awesome places over the last ten years this boat has met my needs. Hope you find one that meets yours.
BaySport
[signature]
ahhhhhh the baysport.... a champion among boats [Wink] along with vegaskids champion bass boat of course
[signature]
Now THAT'S a boat right there. A true fishing machine.

Hit me up if your fishing buddy bails on ya.
[signature]
That is a sweet ride!
[signature]
You should just buy BillyH's boat Troylee.
[signature]
That's exactly what I need.. Any recommendations on a family/ fishing boat??? I want one good for both if at all possible lol....
[signature]
[quote BaySport]Make the family happy and by a nice cozy ski boat with nice soft seats, a windshield, an outboard and an added bow mount trolling motor. They will be fired up and you won't suffer tooooo much fishing.

BaySport[/quote]
[signature]
i wish i could.. i would be all over it but timing is really bad.. im gonna get one after the first of the year when my fundage is a little better.... i would buy his just for the cause if i could right now..
[signature]