Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fishinvol, Nickajack ( Fishing for Kids tournament), Bass, 11-12-11, Davo
Davo and I fished the "Fishing For Kids" tournament saturday. Was a fun , cold morning. I've been down on Nickajack for the last 4 weekends, so I had a good idea on what to do. The first thing I noticed was the water was WAY down from what it has been. Luckily we wen't dependant on the grass bite to start. I've been getting on a good swimbait/A-rig bite first thing so that's what we did first. Side note...Davo had only been fishing once in the last 2 months, never thrown an A-rig , and was using my tackle for the most part. I'll speed this up a bit. In the first 2 hours we culled 5 times. I guess I should say I culled for Davo. He caught most of the fish especially first thing in the morning. By 10am it get supper slow ! We rat fished for the most part, mixing in an A-rig randomly. The rat bite was dead. We did catch one of our fish that we weighed on one, but that was it for the grass fish. A-rig ruled the day. Between us we probably caught 20 fish on them , pretty much all keepers. At the weigh in we were both pleasently suprised when our weight read 16.52lbs. Both of us figured 14+ at the most. It was a fun day and again a very well run tournament ! I Hate the turnout was so low. But we all did what we could and brought a good mess of toys. Great tournament for an even better cause !!!