Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
best trout plastic?
I"ve tried a handful of the plastics out there and have had some decent luck but don't feel like I've found the right one yet. so this is where you come in...Which Plastic works best for you? brand and type plz!
[signature]
I'm 95% of the time a fly guy but when I chuck plastics I like Zoom and Gulp Alive. I usually use a 3 or 4 inch pattern that mimics a minnow. Zoom super fluke or Gulp Alive minnow is what I buy. Maybe the experts will cough up what they like.
[signature]
I dont toss plastics at them, but the guys I know who do, except the novices who toss plastic worms on the opener in the planted trout streams use either plastic wax worms or plastic trout eggs.
[signature]
guys must be pretty hush hush on the good plastics eh?
[signature]
what are you fishing for?
[signature]
Im yet to hook a sea trout in my bay using soft plastics,I plan to throw a lizzard or a bass assassin,I allways end up getting them on a lure instead,topwater even[Wink]
[signature]
There's one that has never failed me here in the shadow of the Blueridge: The 5-inch double-tail hula grub, especially with a red skirt on a black body, fished shallow on a Texas rig. I don't like to drop names but the maker's initials are Gary Yamamoto. I was having a rotten day some six years ago while watching a guy catch one after another. I moved close and asked what he was using. He told me right. I've used up all my red-n-blacks, though, and am having to talk the factory into pouring more. Or maybe I'll go into business myself ...
[signature]
[quote Paulpro]Im yet to hook a sea trout in my bay using soft plastics,I plan to throw a lizzard or a bass assassin,I allways end up getting them on a lure instead,topwater even[Wink][/quote]

If you want to catch sea trout on soft plastics try a 2 or 3 inch gulp alive shrimp in new penny. Sea trout make great ceviche.
[signature]
Thanks, I'm new to spinning and googled your yamamotto bait and would up at Tackle Warehouse where EVERYTHING is 20% off until Tuesday 27th November for Black Friday. I got most of their doulbe tail hula grubs black, but on the other hand they have tons of brandname rods and reels on nice discounts (I bought my first spinning reel there today, Pluefer President 9 ball bearings, UL, $48 instead of $60.

I had to google 'Tackle Warehouse black friday' and click the google ad in order to see the black friday discount notice. Just going straight to their website does not show it.

Anyway they only had all back hua grubs but they had bottles of JJ's magic dippin dye red which will take care of colorizing the trailers red!

thanks again, hope this bait works...
[signature]