Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2nd Annual Steinaker Ice Fishing Derby Jan 21
[font "Times New Roman"] [/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]Steinaker 2nd Annual Ice Fishing derby[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]Tournament will take place Sat January 21, 2012, at the Steinaker boat ramp. This will be the second annual ice tournament.[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]Check in will be starting at 6:30 am. You will pay your registration fee at this time.[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]At 7:30 we will start the tournament and it will go till 2:00pm. From 2 till 2:30 will be the weight in.[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]Participants will be allowed to enter only one Trout, so you’ll want to bring in your biggest one.[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]Top three places will receive gift certificates to Basin Sports. [/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]1st- $150.00[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]2nd- $ 100.00[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]3rd- $ 50.00[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]We will have a raffle after the winners are determined and we will have all kinds of prizes that are donated by local businesses. If you are not in the tournament but would like to participate in the raffle you can purchase a raffle ticket for $1.[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]Entry fee is $15 per adult or $10 for 16 and under so bring your whole family out. [/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]We will also be serving free hot chocolate at the check in area. [/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]There is maximum number of entries we can have, so make sure you call in prior to the tournament and pre register. We need to get your name on the list. If we have spots open on the day of the tournament, we will sign folks up on a first come first serve basis.[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]Contact 435-789-4432 to register.[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"] See Rules Attachment[/font]
[signature]
Sounds like it would be fun. Rules are a little confusing.

"No tournament fishermen will be allowed to enter fish before 7:30am [#FF0000]or after 2:00pm[/#FF0000]." Emphasis added.

"Fish check in will go from 2 pm -2:30pm."
[signature]
need to add this to my list of places to try never been there but sounds like a good day
[signature]
There are going to be some great prizes
[signature]
Just wondering what was the size of the winner last year?
[signature]
About a 14 inch rainbow won the first year. There are some very big rainbow and some huge brown trout in Steinaker, they just didn't show for the 2010 Derby. The more anglers the more big fish should show up at the scales this year. I have seen a 13 pound brown caught through the ice at Steinaker and a 5 pound rainbow was caught there this fall. Should be a blast. The tournament is sponsored by KNEU Radio Station, Steinaker State Park and numerous local Uintah Basin businesses.
[signature]
How far away from parson Ut is it? I want to fish as many derbys as I can
[signature]
use mapquest thats what i had to do.
[signature]
Not sure where "Parson" is but it's about 150 miles from Provo. Perhaps around a 3 hour drive depending on your driving habits.

Snow removal in the Basin isn't like the Wasatch Front so be aware of icy spots for at least several days after a good snow storm. Also the area between Current Creek turn off and Roosevelt is very bad for road kills of deer and elk.
[signature]
Along with the trout there's some nice LM Bass and state record size Bluegills to catch through the ice!
[signature]