Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview smallies a Largie and "fish thief" pix
First off a huge thank's to DTHaden for his "BulWinkle & fish thief" post! My wife read the post and after a few "ahh... a cute little mink" remarks I heard those 3 glorious words "let's go fishing".[sly]

We arrived at about 4:00 and caught a bunch of Smallies on, yes you guessed it, 3" Senko's. We also had a run in with the little scoundrel, DTHaden's buddy (Charlie), the fish thieving mink. Cute little guy I must admit, he would sit under the rock I was standing on and just tentatively watch my every move. When he hears the splashing sound of a hooked fish it's like ringing the dinner bell he get's all agitated and poises himself at the water line ready to "leap for lunch". Sorry, DTHaden he's your buddy you should have dibbs on naming him (like you care anyway[unimpressed]) but the wife decided to name him Charlie and she asks that every one calls him by that name so he gets accustomed to it[crazy] Please don't ask. First the fishing report.

My wife always has to outdo me somehow! Today she decide to catch a Large Mouth since I never caught one at Pineview before. It was a good sized largie of about 15"

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=812;]

I wasn't going to let her outdo me though, so a few minutes later "wham" I hook into a good one! The battle was on, Charlie poised at the waters edge to assist in the "landing" procedure, got him in quickly and walked him away from the little thief's grasp. I wasn't letting him dig his fang's into this gourgous fish! It wasn't a largie but a nice Pineview smallie of 17-18"

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=809;]

I managed to release him with out any problem's even though Charlie did dive in after him and searched frantically for that tasty dinner. Here's the cute little scoundrel now.

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=810;]

In this one we are teaching him how to stand up on his hind legs and do the "moon walk" [laugh]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=811;]

All in All another fun day at Pineview. No Muskie encounter this time. Had a ball teasing the little guy and had my hands full keeping the wife from feeding him any smallies, but of course she managed to get one by me.

Tight lines,

Al
[signature]
[#ff0000]Those are great pics. Some one get that mink a pole! [/#ff0000]
[signature]
Nice looking fish and picture of the "fish thief" Hustler and it's always good to see the wife Smileing like that. I sure wish mine would ask those three glorious words but she hates to fish. Thanks for sharing the pictures. WH2
[signature]
[#800000][size 2]I didn't see any of you up there today, especially them big fish. I caught one Smallie on a 4" senko. It was a beautiful day.[/size][/#800000]
[signature]
Where were you? Were you on a boat or shore? We were on the South side of the narrows from 4:00 till dusk almost directly under the cable by the dam.

Sure would have liked to meet you though. Maybe next time.
[signature]
[#800000][size 2]I was there from 7:30 this morning til 2pm[/size][/#800000]
[signature]
Nice report . I think I was leaving when you arrived . Didn't stop at all by the narrows . Thanks for not feeding those nice fish to the mink . LOL
[signature]
Hustler, thanks for sharing the trip.You seem to do well on those senkos, how do you rig them?
[signature]
I understand, too busy catching that nice Muskie to fiddle around with some puny Small mouth. Congrats on the catch now only a few thousand more casts to the next one. Hope you get that state record Tiger, you deserve it.
[signature]
Texas rigged with a drop of super glue at the bend to hold them firmly in place.
[signature]
Man it sounds like you go thru a lot of work to fish them . I guess I'm lazy , I don't super glue them . I've lost a few but usually get 6 or more fish before they are gone . I been using 4" & 5" worms and doing fine with them . They seem to hit everything I throw at them . Got to love it .
[signature]
Man I can only get them to hit Senkos. I guess it's because I have confidence with them and it's slow and lazy fishing. I try to strech the life of the worm as much as possible, before I was going through a bag of Senkos each trip. Now I flip them around and bite off the ends finally retiring them when a 3" turns into a 2" and they are still hitting them. When I try bouncing a jig or a spinner I get snaged too much and it get's frustrating so I go back to the Senkos. I like the 3" because I miss less fish, sometimes the smaller guys just grab at the end. 3" is easier for them to get in their mouth's.
[signature]
That would be the little guy right there! Glad you got some pics of him. I had another name for him. Little [url "mailto:S@#$"]S@#$[/url]! But Charlie works just fine. LOL.

Thanks for the pics.
[signature]
That is great, that little guy seems to have it figured out. The little creatures fo the wilderness, know that giving women the little Sad face, they can get what ever they want. I have tried it with women and it only works half the time!!![cool]
[signature]