Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leaky's new pup
[cool]UPDATE (Hope Leaky doesn't mind)

In a personal email from Leaky, he advised that he had bought a new golden retriever pup. He located it in Wyoming, and the parents are both great hunters...which was a big thing with Leaky. He loves his bird hunting.

Oh yeah, the tentative name for the new family member is "Mick"...for Michelob. Bud was short for Bud Light. Don't ask me why the names have to be beer related.

The important thing is that Leaky has taken a big step toward restabilizing his life. Let us hope that the new addition to the family takes good care of our esteemed BFT member.
[signature]
Congrats Leaky. You will be busy training that new member to your family. When you can post us a picture.
[signature]
Awsome Leaky: Glad to see you climb back in the Saddle, There's something too true about "Mick" being a mans best friend. CONGRATS! Cant wait to see a pict of Mick.
[signature]
mick for michelob huh . . i was thinking he was a rolling stones fan!

congrats leaky!

sm
[signature]
THATS GREAT LEAKY I'M HAPPY FOR YOU HOPE TO SEE A PIC SOON.
[signature]
Hey TD we got a similar thing going in our family where we name all our daughters after trucks: Dakota, Cheynne, Sierra. Actually is was all a coincidence, I just happened to notice it.
[signature]
[cool]Hey, FFM, any family jokes about horsepower...steering...loads? Any of them 4X4? I guess that's better than naming them after fish species. Boy, could that lead to some psychological trauma in later life. Troutina, Carpella, Bassona, Perchette,..aw-w-w-w ferget it.

By the way, I think Leaky has been out of town on family matters and will probably post something when he gets back. Hope he can get a pic of the pup.
[signature]
It would be nice to see the little rascal.
[signature]
Tube and the rest of you guys,

Got back from Lovell Wy. at 2:30 a.m. today with the new pup. We're beat! What with having to attend a family get together in Crested Butte, Co, driving up to Lovell to pick the pup up and driving back, we're dead. The pup didn't sleep more than 15 min the whole drive back. We drove 17hrs yesterday.

Well, we changed his name - he will be called Sparky based on his go-go disposition. We got up again at 7 a.m. to let the dog out and get him used to his new home, etc. and as of this writing he still hasn't stopped. My wife and I are going to take turns crashing and watching. I'm going to crash now! I'll post a picture when I recover. I've got a lot of work ahead of me but well worth it!!!!!

[Smile][crazy]Leaky
[cool]Welcome back. Your tone gives new hope.

Glad you survived the ordeal. But, it sounds like you have taken on a real challenge. Sparky will either rejuvenate you or put you out of your misery. He will definitely keep you occupied for a while. But, I suspect it will be a "good" occupied.

Good luck, Leaky.
[signature]
Awesome!!! Happy to hear it Leaky. When Sparky is old enough make sure you teach him how to Sniff out those Bass. Maybe he can point out the bigger ones for you[Tongue]

Good luck with your new familly addition, Hope he makes Bud proud looking down from doggie heaven!

Al
[signature]
Congrats on the new pup. A Golden Retriver is a great choice. I got a Golden Retriever when I was in 8th grade and we named him Brick. Brick because he was the runt of the litter and was as small as a brick. He was the best dog ever. This year his hips went bad and he had to be put down. When I got married and moved out he stayed home with my dad. My Dad and Brick became the best pals. I could not have took him to my house if I had tried. Hope you and Sparky enjoy many years together. If he is anything like Brick was he will test you patience till he's three. Enjoy you new pup!
[signature]
Congrats on finding a new pup. I hope his training doesn't wear you out! Sound like he is a little ball of fire. Lookin' forward to some pics.
[signature]
Tube and friends,

Got a little rest. Here's the picture I promised. Spark is 3 mos.

Forgot to mention, he's from hunting lines(non show).

[Smile]Leaky
Nice looking dog Leaky. I wish you the best.
[signature]
Great looking little guy. I wish you the best. I hope he's not half the chewer my two new ones are.
[signature]
Great looking pup!!! He has got some great times ahead of him I predict!!! I hope to see him sometime out fishin and maybe play with my little lab!!! Congrats on the newest BFT member!!!!
[signature]
Looks li he'll be a great companion for you, congrat! When do you start teaching him to jig for LMB & SMB.
[signature]
Congrats on the new addition. It is good to hear your spirits up. Hope to see you guys out fishing someday.
[signature]
Gongrats on that there little golden spark Leaky, we will have to get together sometime and go fish and let our dogs play in the water
[signature]