Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
repairing waders
So my neoprenes have a hole in them. I have tried repair them once but they still leak does anyone have any suggestion on finding the hole/ holes and fixing them?
[signature]
Sometimes I will sit in the bath tub to find the hole then mark the hole with a sharpie. Let the waders dry. I then take the aquaseal and patch the outside and inside of the waders.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]During warmer weather you can take them out on the lawn and run the hose inside them to fill them and then look for water escaping from the inside. In colder weather you will have to use your tub or shower. You might have to recruit some help to hold the waders up while you fill first one leg and then the other. Of course if the leak is only in one leg that is easier.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Best to turn the waders inside out before doing this. Bring a marker with you to make an X or O at the site of the leak. Drain the water out and dry the waders inside and out before repairing. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Aquaseal is the best repair material for neoprenes. But if you have a small tear you might want to go to a dive shop and get some neoprene glue to fix the tear...and then put a bit of neoprene over that for good measure.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]If you have a tough hole, you can patch it both inside and out.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]If you have older Hodgman neoprenes you might get some leaks along the seams in the feet. Those are almost impossible to fix permanently. Once the seams age and stretch out the leaks keep opening up and you just about have to Aquaseal the whole foot seam to keep dry...until the next leak.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
You can patch patch patch, but if they still leakbest to buy a new pair of waders.
[signature]
Here here. I tried all those ways with mine and couldn't get it fixed so I chucked them.
[signature]