Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On the way to Starvation
At least one daughter and I (maybe both, if the youngest can drag her tail out of bed at 0-dark:30!) are heading to Starvation in the morning. Hoping to catch a mess of perch and some slimers.

Hard deck next time, I think! [laugh]

Have a great fishing weekend, all, and stay safe...tight lines!

Lizard
[signature]
BE CAREFUL. I doubt the ice is good enough to hold much weight. The ice is forming in layers that taper out toward the main lake. If you really try it leave your daughter on the bank with a cell phone. You should check the ice A LOT, and take some PFD's and ropes.
Good luck too.[fishin]
[signature]
Thanks FOD--we're actually planning on shore fishing open water. [fishin] My Other Half would kill me if I got myself (or one of our kids) killed going through early season ice. Appreciate the concern, though!
[signature]
I was hoping so. Good luck.[fishin]
[signature]
are the perch pretty abundant there. ive never fished it but i want too hit it on the ice for some perch. dont realy know whre to start there. if you have any spots that are good for it you could pm me if your willing too, if not i understand. good luck on the open water perchin.

tight lines
[signature]
Hi Jazzperch1,

From shore at Starvation I usually hit perch pretty good under the bridge, but they start moving deep when the water ices over and the bridge was totally iced today, but not thick enough to fish the hard deck.

No perch today [Image: sad.gif]

I did catch a perch there this summer (again right there at the bridge) that was within an inch of the state record. [Image: happy.gif]
[signature]
It was a good day, FOD. Only caught rainbows but wow, what rainbows! I've attached a pic [Smile]
[signature]
Well, no perch, but daughter and I got some nice bows today at Starvy. Absolutely nothing to complain about, it was some fast and fun fishing down by the dam!

The western end of the reservoir is iced over, but it looks too thin to be safe yet. Had to go all the way down to the dam end to find enough open water to shore fish.[fishin]

Was a good day!

PS--people were ice fishing Soldier Creek as I drove by today. Jordanelle looked very icy but pretty thin, some spots of open water still. A lot of open water at the Berry but some ice, didn't look close enough to see whether it looked safe or not at Chicken Creek or the Ladders. If it's not it will be soon!
[signature]