Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skunk at Causey (and Pineview)
Daughter and I hit Causey this morning. We fished the edges by the dam. Ice was about 7" thick. Quite a few people there, but only saw two fish reeled in the entire day. Daughter got a few super light nibbles but no hookups at all. I got one nibble--I think.[pirate] We moved around, drilled holes close to the edges, farther out, in-between, etc...nothin' doin'.

Hit Pineview on the way home. Too windy, absolutely nothing in the open water on the dam end. Most of the reservoir is capped, but the ice is full of cracks and it looks very unsafe.

Ugh. What a day. But...the worst day fishin' is always better than the best day at work, right? [laugh]
[signature]
We were up there as well today, we were the two guys fishing near the face of the dam. We caught four, one tiger and three bows up to 12" but it was very slow to say the least. Most of our fish were caught before the sun hit the ice but we saw very few people catching fish today and no kokes[unimpressed].
[signature]
Sorry to hear that your luck was as bad as ours... Not only was the fishing slow but the scavengers were out in full force as well. Between the guy that walked right up to ask ” is this the hot spot” to the other that looked at us like we were lying when he said ” you must have done well if your packing out already” and we told him otherwise. Some people these days...
[signature]
[quote wiperhunter2]We were up there as well today, we were the two guys fishing near the face of the dam. We caught four, one tiger and three bows up to 12" but it was very slow to say the least. Most of our fish were caught before the sun hit the ice but we saw very few people catching fish today and no kokes[unimpressed].[/quote]

Awesome, glad to hear someone caught something! There were two guys and a little boy fishing next to us off that point (opposite the dam) and the li'l dude pulled in a tiger. They had a few other bites, but not sure they brought in anything else. Then the guy in the bright yellow jacket against the cliffs on the other side, we saw him catch one too.

Ah well, there's always next time. Wish I woulda said howdy to ya![Smile]
[signature]
[quote northernfisher]Sorry to hear that your luck was as bad as ours... Not only was the fishing slow but the scavengers were out in full force as well. Between the guy that walked right up to ask ” is this the hot spot” to the other that looked at us like we were lying when he said ” you must have done well if your packing out already” and we told him otherwise. Some people these days...[/quote]

If we get the skunk out of the way right now, it stays gone for the rest of the season, right? [sly]

I hear ya on the weird people. I love that Utah anglers are so willing to share, but gosh some people do need to learn manners, for sure.

Best of luck next time![Image: happy.gif]
[signature]
That's my thoughts exactly on the skunk! And yes people manners please...
[signature]
Oh yea, I remember seeing you two, you daugher went back up to your truck right after you got set up, off that point. We never saw the guy in the yellow jacket catch anything but I think you guys were closer to him. We saw that kid catch that fish by you and we saw a guy fishing at the cliff on the other side of the dam catch one. We kept wondering if the guys fishing in the narrows were having any luck but most of them never came back before we left at noon. I hope some other lakes freeze soon because I doubt I'll go back there this winter[unimpressed].
[signature]
[quote wiperhunter2]Oh yea, I remember seeing you two, you daugher went back up to your truck right after you got set up, off that point. We never saw the guy in the yellow jacket catch anything but I think you guys were closer to him. We saw that kid catch that fish by you and we saw a guy fishing at the cliff on the other side of the dam catch one. We kept wondering if the guys fishing in the narrows were having any luck but most of them never came back before we left at noon. I hope some other lakes freeze soon because I doubt I'll go back there this winter[unimpressed].[/quote]

Yup, that was us. We forgot the waxworms and mealworms, [:p] so I augured and daughter went back up to get 'em. Yeah it was seriously slow fishing, sounds like you guys had the best luck of anyone, all morning. From what I hear, Causey has been slow recently but when a school of kokes cruises through it's BAM BAM BAM. I still want to try it again though, maybe it gets better as winter goes on? [crazy] I want a kokanee, dangit! Never landed one before.
[signature]
There are some big trout in Causey and some people will be lucky enough to catch them but by far most people fish causey for the kokes. It comes down to being in the right spot at the right time. If you fish it enough, the odds are you will be there when they come through. Some members will not post about it for fear of the hordes descending on the lake but the truth is. unless you have a certain spot that always produces, you have to be lucky to find them on a regular bases while ice fishing. I don't know of one person that can go there on every trip and catch those silver bullets but it sure is fun when you do get into them. I think my next trip for the kokes will be to porcupine, they are smaller there but your chances are better, imo. Good luck on your koke quest.
[signature]
Absolutely Northern,wasnt that something on the folk pokin us liars..very unclassy. I actually hope they get on the site and read this blog..cuz my msg is grow up clowns. And then say.. K stay off the site cuz we all must be liars right fool???
[signature]
Lol Indeed!
[signature]