Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AF Boat Harbor 12/18/2011
Went to AF. Boat Harbor for an 1 1/2 this Morning in the Fog.....

[Image: skunk_polecat.jpg]

......Then came home [Image: icon_redface.gif]
[signature]
Hilarious!!
[signature]
Nice photo though!
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Were ya usin' stink bait?[/#0000ff]
[signature]
The pink flashes didn't pay off this time huh? Was anyone else catching fish?
[signature]
White bass are done for ice season unless we get significant weather changes. I wouldn't bother with even thinking about icing them harbors for quite some time. It never really happened this year. Weather just too stagnant.
[signature]
No TD I wasn't. Ha ha, But I got the Skunk bad.

Hey Hath, No nothing worked today, One guy caught 1 white bass. A Family of 6 Caught one white Bass between them, and everyone else came and went with nothing.
[signature]
[quote Fin-S-Fish]White bass are done for ice season unless we get significant weather changes. I wouldn't bother with even thinking about icing them harbors for quite some time. It never really happened this year. Weather just too stagnant.[/quote]

There was a 2 day window where guys were filling multipul 5 gallon buckets. Glad I got in on it while it lasted. There is still some White Bass chowder in my fridge.
[signature]
dont worry theyll be back, they always do again after it slows down, wait here in around feb 1st they will be back happens to me every year. {i hope}[crazy]

tightlines
[signature]
I fished that two day window but it was still slow compared to last year. A couple buckets of white bass is really not the fastest action. About 50 whites of this year's size will fit into a bucket at most if over brim full. Last year a bucket could be filled in 15 or 20 min. It was a fish every drop, no jigging needed and the action never slowed throughout the day. There's a HUUUGE population this year, probably waaay more than even last year, saw it in summer. They are just not moving into harbors. Where I iced fished after fish last year, I've iced none this year. White bass are very random in their movements. I have always found that to be the case. Millions of fish in an area one day, not a one the next in the same area. There is one frequent rule of thumb. Once someone reports a hot bite yesterday, chances are the next day there won't be none and the fish are miles away. Last winter was the wonderful exception where they stayed a few days in a stretch.
[signature]