Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbies abound - Welcome to all of you newbies
I'm sitting here at work watching the postings come in, they are posted by: Greenhorn after Greenhorn, all with good questions to ask.

So welcome all you newbie to the to the BFT Utah board.

Where you like to fish?

What is your favorite time of the year to fish?

What is your favorite type of fishing?
[signature]
I agree FFM. Nice to see them joining up and speaking out. I've noticed lately that when you check who's online there will usually be about a dozen registered members and about 50 guests. I think that it's good to allow guests to check out the board for a while before they decide to join. I think a lot of them eventually see a post they just have to respond to, or have a question they just need to ask. Welcome to all the new members and lurking guests. This is a great board. Lets hear what you have to say. The only bad question is the one not asked, and we love to hear stories from any and all. One warning though, if you ask Tube Dude a question you better have a lot of available memory or the response may overload your hard drive. Hehehe. Later

Good Fishing, Kayote
[signature]
Thanks for the welcome! I am glad to have found this site. I was shooting the breeze with some fellas from Hook'd Fishing in Kaysville and they recommended the site. As for me, I live in Roy so most of my fishing is done up here. My grandparents took me to Lost Creek Reservoir when I was just a young sprout and fishing has been in my blood ever since. I do most of my fishing from shore and stick with the traditional baits and the occasional lure and jig. This summer has been a very fruitful one for me and I have had the opportunity to try some new waters. My last trips have been to Willard, Rockport, Newton, Lost Creek, and Pineview. I am looking to try Hyrum this Friday. I am taking my dad, my three year old daughter, and my brother's family. I know you have all felt more pressure when you take someone else out who doens't have fishing in their blood. I find it hard to enjoy myself until one of the kids can land the first fish. Hopefully we can catch them near the dam because that's where I would like to go.
Anyway, thanks for the hospitality and I look forward to the discussion board. It's nice to be in the company of fishermen. It seems no matter where you go, there will always be a helpful fisherman with a story to share.
Clint (bigbluegill)
[signature]
Thanks for the welcome...I love all types of fishing--bait, flies, lures, whatever. Anything to catch a fish...especially a big one!
[signature]
wormandbobber! Welcome the Utah BFT board. I started out learning to fish in the New Mexico mountains with my dad about 40 years ago, I was such a wreckless lad they had to tie a rope around me and tie it to a tree to keep me from falling into the fast moving waters of the New Mexico high mountain warters. First time I ever fished was in Toas canyon and remember it well If I think off it I'll post the picture of me as a lad yup tied to the tree with the ole man holding a nice stringer of fish.
[signature]
Aye thanks for the welcome! I am a very busy student and work and go to school f/t. I am mainly into baitcasting but would like to expand my horizons a bit. maybe thse boards will help? i love Fish Lake (down south) and plan on going there the 10 and 11 of october. I also like Smith and Morehouse. Ill try posting a couple of pics from this summer. Im the guy with the bald head.. Fav time of year? Anytime I can get out!

I tried but could only get 1 pic up. How do i post more than 1? says the others are too big. I have some more of my wife and her fish.
[signature]
Nice pic. You and Tincanfish could be brothers LMAO

Kayote
[signature]
Welcome to all. I'm pretty new around here myself and can't say enough about the quality of folks you'll meet on this board. The mods are awesome, try to show them appreciation from time to time as they do a lot for us. I must warn you though, prepare for a new addiction.. I simply can't stay away from this site.. I'm looking forward to sharing posts with all of you. Once again, welcome aboard..[Wink]
[signature]
Welcome to the board bigben! There is a size limit for attachments, so all you have to do is resize the picture to be a bit smaller, then it will meet the minimum requirements and you can attach it. There are lots of programs that you can use to modify the size. If you are using Windows XP then it is built in. I think you can even do it with Paint on any windows version.
[signature]
Hey all you newbies, don't forget to take advantage of this great deal that BigFishTackle is offering all of us users free of charge! They say the sponsors are payin for it. Go to the following link, posted by the board administrator, theangler:

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=68831"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=68831[/url]

It's for 2 free years subscription to Field and Stream! I already signed up.
[signature]
thanks for the invitation. I just signed up. If you have any tips for fishing on Hyrum I would like to hear them.
bigbluegill
[signature]
[cool]I resemble that remark.
[signature]
I would also like to extend a hearty welcome to all of the newbies. I have been on here so long that even Bear Lake Mack, Teroy and TudeDude are relative newbies. Looking forward to better knowing each of you, and perhaps we can drown a worm or two together one of these days.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]A guy gets here 3 months before you and he considers himself grampa time... gezz! Some people's great grandparents....[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Welcome to BFT to all you new folks. Beware of this guy Kent. He'll make you carry his wheel chair into the boat but he's alright when he turns his hearing aid up![Tongue][/size][/font]
[signature]
I'm glad to be here, thanks for the welcome. I made a bad entrance in the recent wolf attacks thread, but I'm a good guy, I just speak my mind.

I'm strictly fly fishing, once in a blue moon I'll pull out my spin rod. I've mostly been into trout fishing, but to be honest I have a hard time with some of the "hot shot" fly fisherman out there who think they are all that. I still get out on the trout fisheries alot but I've started to venture out to the warm water speicies. I've had a blast this year nailing the wipers. I do want to really start to get out and fish for more warmies, I just don't have much experience, but it will come. I'm always up for getting together and fishing so don't be shy to invite.
[signature]
Hey junior, let's show a little respect to your elders! Let a youngster teach me how to jig for macks and this is the kind of appreciation that I get. What is this world coming to?
[signature]
Both are really nice fish. Thanks for sharing. And all is forgiven. Just keep the pics and posts coming.
[signature]