Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need some info on American Falls
I'm headed to American Falls w/ a friend tomorrow but we can't get started until late morning. What I really need is some info on where to start and probably some basic road directions on getting there. I've heard in the past of a park on the Aberdeen side but not sure where it is. Any idea if the perch are hitting there this year? We're also up for trout though so any suggestions there would help. As I said I'm not familiar w/ American Falls beyond I know which end the dam is on and where the town is in relation to it [:p]. If any one can point us toward the right area it would be greatly appreciated. Any "secret holes" would be appreciated as well but not necessary [Wink]. PM's are accepted if it's a sensitive area. Thanks in advance for any help.
[signature]
I don't know were everyone is ice fishing, but Sportsman's Park is east from Aberdeen. 42.950020° -112.774154°

The main AF boat launch is on the right just after you cross over the dam coming from AF.
[signature]
Thanks for the location of sportsmans park. If anyone has recent info on what's working I'd appreciate that to[Smile]
[signature]
we fished at the dam area about 50 yards out from the launch ramp go across the dam and turn right at the new credit union we used black and pink chartruise and chartrues and black we fished last friday and landed 4 and missed a few a little slow but all good . Sportsmans park you cross the dam and follow it to aberdeen right before the end of town turn right on east bingham street where you see the the golf sign pass the golf course and turn right on east boatdock road it will take you to sportsmans park google earth it shows it pretty good
[signature]
i live just north of aberdeen, if you guys want some company i wouldnt mind joining you, dont get off work til 0700 am so not too sure if ill be awake lol. i went on my first ice fishing trip with a buddy of mine in town a few days ago and we got a few perch just north of sportsmans park in big hole. good ice, about 8 inches thick when we went. we were fishing with small jigs tipped with crawlers. i also got a good strike on what im assuming was a trout but line broke. all that and we were only there for about an hr or hr and a half. id probably be out there on my days off but dont have an auger.
anyways, good luck out there
[signature]
We're about to leave I.F. now at 10 30. don't know if you'll get this but if you want to join us give me a call. I'll pm you my cell #. Thanks everyone for the advice. I'm having to take my 5 yr old w/ us so hopefully we catch enough action to keep him happy [Smile]
[signature]