Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fish Lake Lodge
Has anyone stayed at any of the winter lodges at fish lake? Just wanted to know if its worth the price or if I should just stay at a cheap motel in Loa or Sigurd?
[signature]
we spent three nights last jan. well worth it.No drive ,well we drove across the street to save the bottom of the sled.will do it again soon!
[signature]
totaly worth it I have stayed there a couple times and it is awsome. If you have a four wheeler or snow mobile you take them right to your cabin.
[signature]
The Snuggle Inn in Loa is always nice for an outing with the guys!
[signature]
My wife and I stayed there a couple years ago for three days.. It was worth it to us as well. Although one regret we had was not having a snowmobile..It snowed like hell that year and so it was hard to move around therefore getting the most out of our stay.. So if ya dont have one look into maybe renting one in Richfield or Salina.
[signature]
[Smile]We do the boys only ice fishing trip every Feb. and stay at Mackinaw Lodge and wouldn't do it any other way. Walking out your front door down to the lake is the way to go. Strolling in from the cold to a toasty wood burning stove is the life for me. Its also convenient if you want to do a little night fishing. Don't waste time driving back and forth when you can be right on the water!
[signature]
If we plan to fish at Fishlake exclusively for a few days you can't beat the cabins. However in years past we have also stayed in Loa for better access to other lakes close by. One year we did Otter Creek, Mill Meadows and Fishlake but stayed in Loa.
[signature]
Do guys only trip and stay down thaere in cabins for the weekend and we have a blast. No drive time get lolad gear on the hard deck in 5-10 minutes wouldn't have it any other way
[signature]
Where did you stay in Loa? Thinking of taking a three or four day trip in January.

Thanks
[signature]
Perfect, thanks for all the feedback!
[signature]
No hotels in sigurd dude. But my cousin lives there probaly give ya a good rate on the couch.
[signature]
Stayed at the Snuggle Inn. Good rates and top notch rooms. They also have one unit with two bedrooms and a full kitchen.
[signature]
[quote SEETSNFR]The Snuggle Inn in Loa is always nice for an outing with the guys![/quote][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]I don't know about the rest of you, but that struck my funny bone real hard. I'm really not into snuggling with the guys if you catch my drift. Now snuggling with my bride is another story. Sorry, seetsnfr, I just couldn't resist.[/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][/#800000][/font]
[Wink]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
You took it as I meant it! Imagine the looks on my friend's faces the first year I told them where we were staying for the guy's trip!
[signature]
What is the average cost? Would like to take the family down for a few days for some ice fishing. Comfortable and close accommodations for mama and the kids (including a 3 year old [crazy]) when they need a rest would be awesome.
[signature]