Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
American Falls 12/20
Well, we made it out to sportsmans park about 1215 or so. the ice was a little eerie since it is clear other than the numerous cracks and it was singing like crazy as we walked out. It had about 12 inches of ice on it. we went north of the boat ramp about 200 yds and fished near some old holes about 50-75 yds out from shore. we were on perch immediately, but they would not commit very well. Finally pulled one in that was about 5 inches and reduced it to bait. That really didn't seem to help much though. they avoided the lines w/ perch on them. They would take shrimp or meal worms but were all about that size and we couldn't get a good hook set. and if you stopped jigging the would disapear, but as soon as you moved that line a bit here they would come again. After a while we moved to another couple spots and found similar results. Lots of little perch, but none really committing. About 445 we got into some just off the boat ramp that would commit a little better but still were hesitant. The biggest one landed was about 7-8 inches. Total landed were around 10-12. no trout or chubs on the line or the sonar. Overall a slow day.

On another note some nut did drive there car out on the ice to an ice shack about 3/4 mile north of the boat ramp. Should have heard the ice singing when that thing went by!
[signature]
Thanks for the report. I have heard about those guys on American falls. I guess it is the way to go. To take your car or trucks out on the hard deck. That is what my brother has told me. Have at it! I wonder if that is covered under any form of Auto Insurance?

Idaho
[signature]
Thanks for your report. I wish the perch were a little bigger. Not sure if it is worth it or not.

Windriver
[signature]
[quote Belasko]Well, we made it out to sportsmans park about 1215 or so. the ice was a little eerie since it is clear other than the numerous cracks and it was singing like crazy as we walked out. It had about 12 inches of ice on it. we went north of the boat ramp about 200 yds and fished near some old holes about 50-75 yds out from shore. we were on perch immediately, but they would not commit very well. Finally pulled one in that was about 5 inches and reduced it to bait. That really didn't seem to help much though. they avoided the lines w/ perch on them. They would take shrimp or meal worms but were all about that size and we couldn't get a good hook set. and if you stopped jigging the would disapear, but as soon as you moved that line a bit here they would come again. After a while we moved to another couple spots and found similar results. Lots of little perch, but none really committing. About 445 we got into some just off the boat ramp that would commit a little better but still were hesitant. The biggest one landed was about 7-8 inches. Total landed were around 10-12. no trout or chubs on the line or the sonar. Overall a slow day.

On another note some nut did drive there car out on the ice to an ice shack about 3/4 mile north of the boat ramp. Should have heard the ice singing when that thing went by![/quote]

Interesting. Yesterday, Cascade was pretty much the same as you described above.
[signature]