Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Water proof paint?
I am in the process of tearing out the green astro turf that was in the floor of my boat. I want to paint it white and put down some of that grip tape to keep from slippin and slidin when the paint gets wet. Whats a good water proof paint the sticks well to fiberglass????
[signature]
[size 2]Try this link. Might help alittle.[Wink][/size]

[size 2][/size]

[url "http://www.sailbuyersguide.com/articles/gearpages/Paints.cfm"]http://www.sailbuyersguide.com/articles/gearpages/Paints.cfm[/url]
[signature]
[url "http://www.fixitshop.com/thestore/prods/CHM-01086.html"][Image: 1431086.jpg][/url]
[signature]
Thanks for the link Fishfather

-BLM, have you used that stuff?? I have to paint the fiberglass first cuz it is NASTY looking, Do you know if that stuff will stick to the paint?
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]It is an epoxy based paint made for traction areas. Epoxy will adhere to fiberglass great! Clean up the fiberglass and spray in on. I haven't ever used it but I've heard good stuff about it. Don't know what color it is though.[/size][/font]
[signature]
Its a shame to paint such a unique looking boat. We wont be able tyo find you next year without the ultra-blah color boat. We will always have the memories though.
[signature]
suuuuuuuurrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeee make fun of the poor air force guy. I see how it is Pred.. [Wink]

Fear not, I am only painting the inside, the floor to be exact. The outside will be the same color it has been. Remember, for fishin', not for fashion.[Tongue][laugh]
[signature]
Teroy,mabey you could use some of that roll on bed liner stuff???M.H.
[signature]
Polyurethane is the best and toughest paint you can get. It also sticks to fiberglass. DuPont makes a very high quality brand. I think it's called Enron (sp?) if my memory serves me. I used to spray paint for a living in my younger days and this was the best and toughest product you could use. It's available at any auto paint shop.

Good Painting, Kayote
[signature]
So Teroy, what did you decide to do with your floor? I've been thinking about a little floor change myself. WH2
[signature]
Thanks Kayote. I was starting to get depressed because no one knew what to use. I was thinking about getting a grey roll on bed liner, but it was more than I wanted to spend.
[signature]
Still trying to decide what to do. Its hard when your funds are limited lol
[signature]
Well here it is. I just have to put the locker lids back on and she is done. I must say, the paint turned out better than expected. It looks so much better than the nasty old turf that was in it!! The wife even says so lol[blush]

All this work just to sell her, heck I think I might have even upped the value by about 10 bucks lol

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=1163;]
[signature]
nice job. now I know who I'm calling when I get my boat built. I'm building a wood boat just as soo as I get the garage done first should be done with that in a week or so.

This boat I'm making is going to mostly be for duck hunting but with a few mod.s it will be a great fishing boat also. I made the plans myself after hours of study on how to draw up plans for boats and I think I have a good one to make I made a model down to scale.

Any way you did a good job so you must be the man.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Looks good, T! But I can't wait for the porta-potti boat, oh ya! Will it have reading material or do I have to bring my own?[/size][/font]
[signature]
Your...................mocking me arent you?[Tongue]

I'm not sure you can handle my reading material with you age, you may keel over of a heart attack!
[signature]