Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah lake??
I wanted to hit Utah lake and get some white bass and some pan fish action! I don't usually fish that lake though so i was wondering where to go on the lake? Thanks in advance!
[signature]
Anyone of the boat harbors Provo, American Fork, Lindon. You could also try the pumphouse on the north end or lincoln Beach area on the south. There is also Pelican Bay boat harbor on the west side.
[signature]
Thanks! I think I'm gonna try the American Fork boat harbor! Whats the best thing to use for white bass? Just standard jigs? Thanks again!
[signature]
if you find them they will take a variety of stuff from an ice fly with a little bait to kastmasters, heddon sonics, any shiny spoon and a variety of jigs. Tipping a jig with a little white bass meat or perch meat can be really good.. They seem to prefer it moving most of the time, but then just to make me a liar some days they want it deadsticked
[signature]
Thanks a lot for the tips! Ill let you know how i did!
[signature]
Move around til you find them. Thy should bite a jig in a few minutes. Don't hang around for half hour staring down the same hole.

My new favorite WB rig is a spoon (like a Daredevil) or Sonar lure with just a tiny piece of WB meat on one of the hooks. Then, a foot up, tie a small dropper and add a teardrop ice fly, jig, or bare hook. Add a worm or small chunk of WB meat, chub or perch bit to that hook.

I drop this to the bottom, and then aggressively jig the spoon/Sonar 3-5 times, ripping it up about 2 feet, and letting it settle. Watch for them to pick up the spoon as it drops.

If not, let it settle to the bottom, raise the rod tip til the line is tight and watch for bites for a minute. Sometimes they get attracted by the commotion, and stay to eat the tidbit, and the tight line really shows you the strikes.

Good luck.
[signature]