Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jiffy propane auger
Does anyone have the new jiffy propane auger? If so are there any complaints about it? And have you ran it in cold cold weather, If so does it seem like a pain in the but to run or start in cold weather.
[signature]
truth be told. I had one for about 2 weeks. Took it back because it was leaking oil and propane. Cebelas rocks!

I have a new one and the problems I had seem to be gone
It tears through the ice and was easy to start, but the one I got had a couple of problems.

I'll let you know after a full ice season.

[signature]
So..... Have you had it out a few times and have a decent idea of the overall performance? Im really leaning toward one but don't want to return it if it is garbage.
[signature]
I've had one for two years now and absolutely love it. It rips through the ice and does great in the cold weather. For example, last year during a real cold spell, I drove out to Pelican from Utah County in negative tempatures. When we arrived at Pelican, it was -6. The auger started right up and I had no problem all day long. I have the 10" model, so it's a bit heavier than I would like, but that's the trade off you get in exchange for the benefits.
[signature]
I had to call in sick so I could go to Lake Powell!
I finally bit the bullet and bought one a little over a week ago. I wanted the 10" but the guy at Cabelas said a guy just took the last one cause his old one leaked oil Smile I wonder if that was you or not. Anyway I am waiting for mine to be shipped to cables this week. I did lots of research and the jiffy seemed to be the one that fit me best. I like the idea of not having to mix oil and gas and I always buy propane canisters in bulk and the fact I can use those to run the auger sold me. I heard the plastic on the auger can break but I bought a carry bag and plan to be real careful after dropping 500$ can't wait to try mine out this weekend
[signature]
Im debating on that or the nils
[signature]
I have the Strikemaster 4 stroke auger. No mixing oil. 2 pull starts in all weather, quiet, and drills like a champ. I can go all winter on one or two tanks of gas. I have had it 4 years and not a single issue with it.
[signature]