Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
anybody been to starvation
Just wondering if anyone's gone to starvation and if so hows ice and do any good wanting to go in the morning but if its no good it would save me 100 bucks of gas any info greatly appreciated
[signature]
We went on Thursday and fished Rabbit Gulch. The ice at the upper end started out at 7 inches and when we left at 2:00 p.m there was 5.5 inches. There was a warm wind apparently thawing the ice. There was about 3/4-inch of water on the surface when we left. I was told by others that the ice out in the center of the bay was 3-inches thick early in the a.m. - it probably thinned as well. I am not sure what the warm weather on Friday did to the ice?

The fishing was crazy for small perch - a bazillion of them. The biggest we caught was 5-6 inches. The schools of perched where at times 10 to 15 feet in the depth. We must of caught over 200 of them & got tired of catching them. We did catch 6 nice rainbows 18-inches in length and around 2 pounds.

We fished in 20 feet of water.

I understand that there is fishable ice over at the Hwy bridge.
[signature]
Very nice my son would probly get a kick out of catching them perch is there. A way to access the lake by the highway and if you don't mind what were the trout hitting need to catch a few for the smoker
[signature]
May be too late for you but we fished Rabbit Gulch Friday out from the toilets and the ice was 3.5 to 4" thick and clear. Caught lots of perch in the 6-8" range and a few FAT rainbows 15-18". Weather was so nice that the ice was deteriorating some by the time we left at noon.
[signature]