Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2012 GOALS - let us know your results
I resurrected this thread from 1 year ago. This was meant to be brought back up to report on our results. This thread wasn't intended for goal setting for 2013. That thread will come soon. So please report. I started about halfway down the page in red letters.

Here it goes, another year has gone, and new goals are set. Help me to remember to pull this thread back up at the end of 2012. I'll go first.

1. Buy a fish n ski boat.
2. Catch a 40" + musky.
3. Catch 10 + walleye (2 lb. minimum).
4. Catch 10 + LMBs (2 lb. minimum).
5. Fish waters that I haven't fished before.
6. Catch species I've never caught before...eventually I want to say that i've caught every game species in utah.
7. Fish a Jordanelle bass tournament.

Now it's your turn.
[signature]
Here are mine.................

1)Catch my 1st Brook Trout

2)Catch my 1st Walleye

3)Catch my 1st Splake

4)Get a motor for my pontoon
[signature]
[quote HATH]Here it goes, another year has gone, and new goals are set. Help me to remember to pull this thread back up at the end of 2012. I'll go first.

1. Buy a fish n ski boat.
2. Catch a 40" + musky.
3. Catch 10 + walleye (2 lb. minimum).
4. Catch 10 + LMBs (2 lb. minimum).
5. Fish waters that I haven't fished before.
6. Catch species I've never caught before...eventually I want to say that i've caught every game species in utah.
7. Fish a Jordanelle bass tournament.

Now it's your turn.[/quote]

We (daughter megustapescar and I) want to finish our 2011 goal! We originally wanted to catch one of every trout and salmon species Utah has to offer, but we're still short lakers, splake, brookies, and kokanee. Hard to get some of those without a boat but we're gonna do it. [laugh]
[signature]
1. 48 + inch muskie
2. 6 + lb smallie
3. 6 + lb wiper and walleye
4. 26 + inch brown
5. grundle of ling
6. help my wife catch her first muskie

All to be cpr'd 'cept da ling
[signature]
1. Catch a musky
2. Catch some lakers through the ice
3. Cat fish over 15#
4. Go catchin at least once a week
[signature]
A 10 pound Walleye out of Willard.
[signature]
Do they get that big in there?
[signature]
10 or so years ago I caught a few approaching that size. But they are approaching that size again... Might need another year or two... We'll see. I will post a pic if I do.
[signature]
My goals-
Catch 1st tiger musky
Catch my 1st northern
catch 1st wiper
Hook jaw brown trout
Get a new tube
Learn to fly fish
try new waters
And beat all my other bests:-)
O ya and meet more bft members
[signature]
catcher man hit me up this summer, keep an eye on my post when the weather gets hot.. i do most my fishing at willard bay out on the boat, if ya want to catch a lot of wipers ill take ya out there and show ya some fun. them wipers are a fighting fish for sure thats what makes them so fun to catch, plus some of them have some really good size.. every once in a while we hook into walley or catfish. mostly wipers..... super fun bro. im not apposed to takeing anyone out in the boat to catch some fish in the summer if anyone wants to go just hit me up.

goals..
catch tiger musky
catch brown trout
[signature]
The only goal I have is to learn how to fish[laugh]
1- do alot more fising from my pontoon
2-hit up some high uintah trips
3-figure crappie out in the spring
4-wouldnt mind hooking into a musky
[signature]
Okay will do :-) thanks sounds like alot of fun
[signature]
Thanks Hath - always a good thread to start. Hope it 'bounces back'. I'm going with the TOP-10!

1. Fix up the "old/new" fish n ski boat. Make it a bass assassin, plus able to pull some toyz. (lookout Barney!)
2. Catch any walleye (no minimum).
3. Catch a 10lb catfish (channel).
4. Catch a 45" + musky. + A musky thru the ice.
5. Catch 5lb bass. Large, Small - it no matter.
6. Catch Wipers. Lots of Wipers!!!
7. Fish waters that I haven't fished before. Explore more Rivers with the boat. Hit new lakes - Starvation/'Berry - here we COME!
8. Try new fishing methods - like fly, and float fishing.
9. Continue to create, and craft new and innovative fishing lures, flies, spinners, rigs, hook-harness, bait prep
10. Learn more and practice additional methods for prep and appreciation of fishing cuisine. Share the "goods" with others.
Catch every game fish in utah guide book
[signature]
learn deer creek (just moved to heber)
perch throw the ice
bluegill on the fly rod
bass on the fly rod
walleye (*on purpose caught a 21in on accident and thats it)
22+in cut on fly rod at the berry
my 4 year olds first fish+my 2 year olds
FISH MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[signature]
1. Catch a bass in the winter
2. catch a 6 lb bass
[signature]
1. Catch a tiger musky or northern on a fly rod.
2. Beat my old smallmouth record (at 17.5" it shouldn't be that hard)
3. Explore more of the small trout streams in the area.
[signature]
Catch five hundred fish on my flyrod. (High Uinta's brookies and Tigers, I spend a lot of time up there)
[signature]
For me it would have to be...

1. Catch my first Muskie!
2. Try out Newton, Willard
3. Get a tube
4. Beat my previous trout out of FG
5. Catch and eat some burbot [Wink]
[signature]
My fishing season is over so I thought i'd report on this last year's fishing success. This is from my thread from last December. Maybe there's a better way to resurrect this thread? Moderators, feel free to tinker with it if you need to. Here are my answers:

1. Buy a fish n ski boat. [#ff4040]I bought a Starcraft 1809 fish n' ski.[/#ff4040]
2. Catch a 40" + musky. [#ff4040]Failed. I didn't even make it to Pineview this year. BTW I know there are musky in other waters, but i didn't make it to them either.[/#ff4040]
3. Catch 10 + walleye (2 lb. minimum). [#ff4040]I think I only caught three walleye this year, all under 2 lb. I was fairly happy with the results because once or twice I caught a walleye while targeting walleye. They were taken in DC and Lake Powell.[/#ff4040]
4. Catch 10 + LMBs (2 lb. minimum). [#ff4040]I slaughtered them this year, and released them all unharmed[shocked] We must have caught hundreds this year, plenty over the 2 lb. mark, especially from Lake Powell.[/#ff4040]
5. Fish waters that I haven't fished before. [#ff4040]Done. I fished Lake Powell and Bear Lake for the first time this year.[/#ff4040]
6. Catch species I've never caught before...eventually I want to say that i've caught every game species in utah. [#ff4040]I caught a tiny little striper at powell, so I'll count that as a species I hadn't caught in the past. Size doesn't matter right?[Wink][/#ff4040]
7. Fish a Jordanelle bass tournament. [#ff4040]I didn't make it. I would really like to get into tournament fishing next year. So for all you bass guys out there, keep us posted on BFT of upcoming events.[/#ff4040]
[#ff4040][/#ff4040]
[#ff4040]Overall it was a decent fishing season. Our first trip to Powell in May was the highlight where fishing was the best I had ever experienced, and the average size fish being larger than the large fish from my local fisheries, i.e., DC, Jordanelle, UL, etc. Being a boat owner is a lot of time and money, I was in denial when people warned me about that, but I'm here to say it's true. But so far it has been a blast. Now if I could just get the upholstery done, and a better fish finder, I should be good to go. Ok. Now it's your turn to report on 2012's goals.[/#ff4040]
[signature]