Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
walcott skunking
got out for a few hours this morning fished from 11 to 230 ice was between 7 and 10 when you got away from shore only 4 inches close to shore. was really random thickness. was our first trip and heater ,hut and auger worked perfect. ice sang every second we were there and i must admit it takes some getting use to [:p]
Fished between 10 and 15 feet with paddle bugs marabou jigs and just standard jigs tipped with crawlers meal worms and trout bait , maybe next time

I took a video of the sounds as it was some of the loudest and right threw the hut

http://youtu.be/D1ctQK50KZE

[Image: DSC03962.jpg]

[Image: DSC03967-1.jpg]

[Image: DSC03960.jpg]

[Image: DSC03965.jpg]
[signature]
Looks like you have all the right equipment for success.

Windriver
[signature]
Too bad on the skunk. I haven't been ice fishing yet, so I imagine the ice "singing" would have me back off of it pretty fast! [laugh][blush]
[signature]
I hope so just have to find some fish, walcott has always been hit or miss so im hoping i can get to some other locations that we fish often and have some better success
[signature]
Im sure its just something ya get use to but kinda gives you an uneasy feeling, my wife said she was fine but if she sees me freak out or get nervous she would be in the truck [sly]
[signature]