Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jan 1 PV night trip
Arrived at 2:30 pm. Bent hook and myself headed out for a night time extravaganza out by port ramp. Ice was a good 6-7" every where we checked. Drilled our first fishing holes around 3(test holes along the way). BH had one perch caught when I saw a blip come across the flasher at 12'. Up I reel from the bottom with a silver cast master(as a flasher) and a gill getter below that with a waxie. Flasher lights turned red and boom fish on with a ultrlight pole. Went and tangled up in BH's line and round and round the hole we go. Toyed around with it for awhile then spit the hook. Maybe a carp, maybe a musky, maybe a world record Crappie.
I have never heard ice as loud as it was tonight. Sounded like a bad wind storm at times and others like the Jedi were taking on Darth. Pretty sure I might have relieved myself in my bibs a couple times it was so noisy. Needles to say the PV is making some ice baby. Grew about a 1/2" while we werwe there from 3 to 10:30. No crappie tonight but I did discover that the Tournament Panfish super juice you get at sportsmans tastes terrible after a little got on the lip of my beverage.
Pics of the ice, BH, and my pole in half to follow.
[signature]
Nice pics ! How Is DR. Juice
Flav of Flav in the morning
[signature]
Saw you guys out there. Was in the blue tundra. Ice looked a little sketchy so passed on it. Maybe next week
[signature]
something I never want to experience again
[signature]
It was a little nerve racking when we had to cross a 2" crack of open water but the thickness was great. All of our test holes were no less than 6". When we ruturned to the crack in the dark it was froze solid.
[signature]