Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cascade Perch Info
Anyone been fishing Cascade the last few days? Going up tomorrow and just wondering. Planning to hit Sugar Loaf and Poison Creek areas. Any info would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Rod
Wish it was close enough. I'd love a chance at those monster perch!
[signature]
Me too , me too . Curt G.
[signature]
I haven't been, but I know other who have. It's been really hit and miss.
[signature]
Thanks Buggy, I was hoping you'd chime in. I've been hearing the same thing - hit a miss. But I got the day to do as I please so I'm going. Plus I feel lucky today so hopefully I'll have a good report for you all tonight. [fishon]

Why is the grass always greener on the other side of the state. I would really like to go to Mackay for them koks but it's like 230 miles. When it seems some on the other side would love to come over here for some healthy perch.
Hey Rod,

I went yesterday out of Boulder Creek. Lots of fish but most of them were dinks. Ice is thick and hard so bring your maddest augering skills. I caught the most fish on an orange swedish pimple tipped with a crawler. I would try either Sugarloaf or Poison Creek where you might get into more jumbos. Good luck and let us know how you do.

Eric
[signature]
Eric,

If I was to take off from Sugarloaf ramp on my ATV, would I be able to get over to the spot that was working well for me last year? Or are there heaves/pressure ridges that would be prohibitive or un-safe?
[signature]
[indent]I didn't drive into Sugarloaf so don't know the ice conditions. I'm thinking that spot we crushed them this summer is the next place I'm going unless the road becomes impassable.
[/indent]
[signature]
Let me know. Perhaps I'll join you....

You coming with us Sat? I'll send you pics from the last trip.
[signature]
Lucky day indeed - Lucky to hold off another skunk that is. It was slow to say the least. Started off the Sugarloaf boat ramp with only a small trout. Moved up to Boulder and caught a few small perch for cutbait. Finished over at Poison with only one decent perch and a few missed bites. There was ~30 people fishing Poison area and only 2 other perch caught all day. I should have taken the 4 wheel and got out further. BTW - Ice conditions are fine for the 4 wheelers. There are some large stress cracks but they have all refroze with 4~5 inches.
[quote AverysAdventure]Thanks Buggy, I was hoping you'd chime in. I've been hearing the same thing - hit a miss. But I got the day to do as I please so I'm going. Plus I feel lucky today so hopefully I'll have a good report for you all tonight. [fishon]

Why is the grass always greener on the other side of the state. I would really like to go to Mackay for them koks but it's like 230 miles. When it seems some on the other side would love to come over here for some healthy perch.[/quote]

Boy are you right! My son and I would love to go catch crappie and channel cats at |CJ Strike and Brownlee Reservoirs and a shot at those Cascade perch.

DeeCee
[signature]