Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
first koke thru the ice
My wife and I got a hair up our butt and decided to hit Stateline reservoir today. The ice had about 4" of crust on top of about 10-12" of ice. The sun was shinning and the wind wasn't blowing, what a beautiful day to be on the ice. I was unable to graph any fish deeper than 12' out in 65' of water. My wife lost her first and only fish at the hole. I only caught one fish and it was a silver bullet measuring 10 1/2". We didn't move around much, we were just in awe of the peace and tranquility of it all.
[signature]
Awesome! Daughter and I are still waiting for our first koke through the ice. Had no idea there were kokes in Stateline. In fact, never been to Stateline [:p] Congrats again on your first iced koke!
[signature]
Looks like a great trip. i was really wanting to go up there yesterday as well but opted for renegade instead. Wish I would have joined you. Did you have to take snowmobiles? What time did you get up there and how long did you stay? How cold was it?

Riv
[signature]
We didn't unload the snowmobiles until about 10:30 am and then I did get stuck in one spot . I spent close to an hour digging the bike out. We arrived back at our vehicle at 3:30. The weather was in the 40's I would guess.
[signature]
Thanks for sharing your report, we don't get them from State line very often, even in the Summer. How far was the lake from the road, where you parked? I was just wondering how far the walk would be without snowmobiles. The only time I have seen my finder not marking to the bottom is when there is a huge school of kokes below me, do you think that was the problem you were having with your finder?
WH2
[signature]
I would have to guess its a couple of miles from the road that takes you to lonetree. The problem I was having with my fishfinder was no fish, I had no problem seeing the bottom. I may be going back up this weekend depending on the weather, shoot me a pm if your interested.
[signature]