Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A4C forming in Utah
Many men in today's world respond that they do not have friends and definitely do not have a close friend. Therefore…we are starting a group is to create a healthy opportunity for men with similar interest to come together to learn about their passion and discuss fishing all while developing friendships with other Christian men – Hence the name Anglers for Christ Utah.
There are groups similar to this in many parts of the county already and having great success on many levels.

The Anglers for Christ group is forming in Utah to create an environment for both first time anglers and skilled anglers alike. There will be 3 elements to the group;
First of all it will have a bible study component that will occur each month at a monthly Bible study and fellowship time.
Secondly the group will have 4-6 annual fishing tournaments (optional) for both a competitive and fun atmosphere as well as an opportunity to invite those that may have otherwise may not attend a meeting.
Finally it will have a component of 1-2 annual fishing trips (optional) that will allow men to fellowship and build stronger bonds with each other during a 4-9 day trip to places such as Alaska, Mexico, Canada, Florida.

The first meeting of this group will occur on TUESDAY JANUARY 24th at 6:30pm at SPORTSMAN'S Warehouse in Midvale (165 W 7200 S Midvale UT - upstairs). This will be an introductory meeting to get to know other men with similar interest and find out more about Anglers for Christ - Utah. All you need to bring is yourself and an interest in fishing - no matter if you fish every week or if you have not fished in years.
[signature]
wow........ i even say the word beer im made out to be a terrible person.... good luck
[signature]
Just to clarify so I know before answering...do you mean if you say Beer people consider you a "terrible person?"

If that is the case I want to say that I am sorry that a Christian has treated you that way as that is not by any means how they should treat you. No where in the Bible does it ever say that a man should never drink beer or wine.

It is unfortunate that people act this way as when I hear things like this is frustrates me so much as who do these people think they are considering you a terrible person and to think they are to be "above" you and also they have quickly forgotten the scripture of "he without sin cast the first stone."
I see this more in Utah than in any state I have lived in and actually this is part of the reason it motivated me to start this group - to show other men out there that being a Christian is about being accepting, loving and supportive - NOT about judging and condemning.
[signature]
wow, great response, well thought out and put hats off to you. it has nothing to do with me. what i find strange is that you include your faith and a sport and no one says a word about it, but other folks (myself included) make snide little remarks that contain no vulgarity or profanity and we are censored. i harbor no ill will towards any faith, your club, or this idea of yours. simply stating what i see in front of me. good luck and i hope you do well
[signature]
Sounds great to me! I don't have the time for any tournaments. Don't know what else I could make but if I can I will.
[signature]
Looking forward to seeing you Submoa
[signature]
I'm interested, send me a PM and we can talk.
[signature]