Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ice augar
what should i buy nills or a strike master lazer? either way it will be a six or seven inch auger
[signature]
I know this is personal preferance, but someone should buy a 6" strikemaster and I will race you with my 6" Nils. [cool]

I have seen the strikemaster lazer in action and it is also very fast.

Windriver
[signature]
i have a nils and its unreal for a hand auger. started out with a hand me down junker that would take 5 minute a hole but got the nils now and under a minute per foot.
[signature]
Not to toot my own horn bit i can drill a hole through 12" of ice with a strikemaster mora with 10+ year old blades in under a minute.
[signature]
well i did it bought the nils
[signature]
Your Mora must have better steel in the blades than mine did. I'm glad yours is working for you. I cussed mine every second I used it.

thebug: Congrats on the Nils

Windriver
[signature]
I dont know all i know is if i go for fast holes i cant do more than one in a ten min period because after the first one it took everything i had cranking full blast to get a hole under a min. If i take my time and not go full tilt it takes about 2.5 min per hole.
[signature]
I'm with you Jeremy. One time I got ready to drill a hole and I looked over and a guy with a power auger was starting it up. So I waited to start my hole until he started his. I wanted to see how much longer it would take me to drill my hole vs his. I actually had my hole done first.

I have a Mora 7 inch. I use the cordless because it is easier and quicker, but I find I have no problems drilling as many holes as I need for myself and at least 1 other person. Sometimes I have drilled as many as 70+ holes in a day.

Jeremy and I must be STUDS. [Wink]. Either that, or our Mora's are a lot better than some of the others. Mora = under $60. Lazer = $85-$90. Nils = $105+. Those prices may not be completely accurate, but I think they are close. I'll take my mora and put it up against either, doing it by hand. I'd really like to see if there is a difference because at this time, I'm not convince. I'm not saying the others aren't great, but with as easy and my Mora is, I can't believe the other could be that much better.

I'm going out with a guy who has a brand new Nil's tomorrow. I'll give it a try and see if it will change my opinion. Unfortunately I won't be able to do an apples to apples comparison because he got a 6" and mine is a 7".
[signature]