Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Float Tubin' the Delta / TD lures...
[size 2]I like Storm stuff. Works pretty good.[Wink][/size]
[signature]
[cool]I've heard several good first hand reports and read some favorable reviews on these finesse minnows. I am going to see how they fish this weekend.

I'm making up some new 1/16 oz heads on 2/0 hooks, both regular and on Roadrunner heads, with a spinner blade. It's time for the largemouth to start coming to the shallows on my local lakes and I like a slow fall and a level retrieve without having to crank too fast.

I'm betting they would be good in the bays too. They really reflect the light nice...like a combination between a 'chovy and a smelt.
[signature]
Hey TD, That purple thing seems to be a year round color at Castaic. One of the only other exceptions is during the trout plants. Then they are also optiing for the small rainbow color.
[signature]
I use the google eyes bubble grub in salt water and having tons of fun with the bass and even halibuts..they are a bit soft and get torn up pretty easy.

I go thru them way too fast...

Halibut. Hey TD!!!!!
[signature]
[cool]Hey, Halibut. How have you been. I thought maybe you had been towed out to sea by a giant squid or something.

What colors have you found most effective in the salt water, on those Goggle Eyes?

I am sure you realize that when fishing for toothy fishies, like halibuts, almost anything will get chewed up fast. When I used to do more fishing in the Sea of Cortez, I would count on going through hundreds of plastics on every trip. The bay bass were bad enough. But when you have needlefish, sierra mackerel and triggerfish, plastic baits last only one or two casts. The triggerfish were the worst. One cast, a thump and then reel in a jig head with just a wisp of plastic left on it.

Hope you are well and getting in some good fishing. Got any legals lately?
[signature]
Got doctors visits this month...(2). fishin on and off. I am just starting to get bills in now (pisser) from the april stint in the hospital. My favorite for halibut would be the green or chartruese (sp?). for bass colors like the ones pictured above works great. I run out of the chartruese quick. No legals... lots of turbots and assorted creatures that live in the jettys... hoping to get out on my float tube to hoop for some lobsters...maybe they will give me some more holes to patch on my tube....

Hope all is well with you and the babe...

Minh
[signature]
[cool]Hey, Halibut. Sorry about the bills. Medical expenses aren't nearly as justifiable as fishing tackle. But, hopefully you are going to be well enough for many more fishing trips in the future. A full tackle box means nothing to someone who cannot go fishing.

Hot yellows, greens and fluorescent chartreuse are definitely good colors. They work especially well when there is some color in the water. Many long years ago, before I had access to all of the wonderful new plastic baits of taday, I made and fished feather jigs a lot. One of my best all around producers was a bright orange head with half and half bright yellow and green feathers. Caught lots of bay bass and halibut on them. And, in deeper water they worked well for big old grumpy sand bass.

Down in the New Orleans area I did very well on the chartreuse too...fished on hot red heads. Lotta big redfish and sea trout. One of my sturdiest and most effective chartreuse plastics was the good old Mister Twister Sassy Shad. I use either a hot red or dark red head and just swim or bounce it along the bottom. The plastic on those is much tougher than some of the new super soft stuff. And...they are probably the least expensive of all the "swimbaits".

Hope you get a shot at some "bugs". They will definitely need to be kept controlled if you do not want to have to walk back to shore. They are covered with sharp points that can give you a deflated feeling. Were you able to get your other leak patched okay?

TubeBabe is fine. We are going to try to get some fishing in this weekend, but now the weather forecast is for thundershowers. I do not fish well while dodging lightning bolts. Throws off the timing on my casts.

We will see.
[signature]