Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perch fishing on Mont. Res.
Perch fishing has been great. 30 to 50 a day some 7 to 8 in. some bigger depending on the school your in. A few bows 12 to 14 in and a few cuts about the same. finally caught a koke 14 in but that has been the only one. going today and try again. They seem to quit biting after 1;00 Have fun and good luck !
[signature]
What reservior is that?
[signature]
Montpelier Res. Went today and caught 47. One was 11 inches thats the bigest one yet. The rest averaged 6 to 8 in. Was a perfect day lots of sun and lots of fun. There was about 15 people there today. All but me was from Afton. Good bunch of people. A few bows were caught as well as a few cuts but no kokes.
[signature]
Good stuff Bob! The Macman out of Ronan catches some amazing strings of Perch in the winter. I'd love to get over to the Flathead area to do some fishing with him!
[signature]
Fished montpelier again today from 11:30 till 2:30 caught 35 came home and felet them in 25 minutes. cooked them inbatter deep fried and stuffed myself. Great stuff !! I think they are my favorite. Almost better than kokes. there are lots of them in the res. and they need to be thined out so there is more food for the other fish. I use to throw them away but not no more. It dont take that long to felet them and the reward is a stuffed gut LOL.
[signature]
That sounds really good. I wish Montpelier was a tad bit closer, but even so I am tempted. I love a good perch dinner!
[signature]
how deep and what are you using
[signature]
30 ft. on the bottom with size 12 jig tiped with wax worm. Bring the kids theyll have a blast. put a flasher about 6 inches above your jig. good luck!!
[signature]