Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
elko
anybody done any ice fishing out of elko say like south fork res or wild horse? im actually headed that way next weekend for three days to do some fishing on south fork just curious on how the fishing is. and what to expect to caught
[signature]
never ice fished those lakes but wildhorse was one of the best places i have ever fished for trout.

caught countless stringers of 19-26" trout.
[signature]
Wild Horse used to put out 50+ days for perch in the winter and the trout fishing wasn't bad either. Haven't been there for a few years however . . .
[signature]
So I would probably have better luck at wild horse than south fork
[signature]
i would think so. the rangers up there do a real good job at making the lake accessable. there are also perch in wildhorse.
[signature]
thanks alot ill let ya know how things go
[signature]
zipp did you fish around elko, would love to get a report
[signature]
This is a little late (I hardly ever check the NV board any more), but I've ice fished Wildhorse a couple of times this year. The trout fishing has been pretty good, usually get several fish in the 18-20 inch range. The updated report on the NDOW website seems accurate, go shallow for the trout. I haven't tried for perch there, so don't know about that. I also haven't tried south fork as it's hard to not go to Wildhorse when I'm over that way.
[signature]