Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake
Loaded at the Marina in Bear Lake this morning, ice was a couple inches thick a few hundred yards outside the marina and we had to break through. Parked on the rock pile and had an excellent day with a 3" rainbow colored tube jig (the lighter weighted heads seem to produce more bites). On our way back in the ice outside the Marina was thicker than in the morning and it took a lot of work to get back in. I will not load my boat at the Marina again this year and wouldn't suggest it. I tried to snag Cisco all day, but had no luck. I think the lake will freeze up soon and we'll be stuck with another tough year of Cisco fishing, as far as access onto the lake. Good luck be safe out there.
[signature]
Thanks for the ice report. Hi, and welcome.
Sounds like an adventure. Did you have to whack it with a paddle, or did the boat break thru for you?

I've watched someone come back to "port" after the wind had shifted, and moved chunks of ice around. Glad you made it on/off safe.

So nice ice report, but how was the fishing? Did ya get to catching some of those monster big Bear Lake fish I keep hearing about. I gotta get me up there one of these days.

How windy/wavy was it while you were there?
We were the last of the five boats that I saw out there and we had to bust the ice with a paddle to get back to the marina.

We did catch some really large cuthroats and a couple lake trout, one ten pounder

the wind and the weather could not have been better.
[signature]
That lake can change so fast. One good wind storm and the lake will be open and all the ice piled on the east side or the south end. If you were breaking the ice with a paddle, it can be blown off pretty quickly. So how were the new bubblers working? Was the ramp and marina clear?
[signature]
Nice fish!
[signature]