Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have figured it out.
I have finally figured out my number one goal for fishing this year..
And that is to break my personal best brown trout of 26"s, I am only 14 days in and my biggest so far is 21"s I have a feeling I may have to fish some where other than the portneuf to acheive this goal, even though i set my personal best on the portneuf.
I think I may have to go fish the snake and try for one of them 30+ inchers ive heard so much about. Any one know of any where in S/E idaho othere than the portneuf and snake river that produces brown trout in any numbers?
Thanks.
[signature]
I have caught some very nice browns on the Bear River. They are usually more football shaped though. I have caught several that I could fit my hand in their mouth with barely hitting any teeth trying to get my spinner or rapala out. Has been a little less productive the last couple years though. Dont know if its just more people fishing or more people keeping fish but I'm sure there are still some pigs in there.
[signature]
There is also Magic Reservoir, but your best bet for a larger brown is the main Snake River, the South Fork, or the Henrys Fork. Where ever you go you might try doing some late evening or night fishing. A nice mouse fly at dark can be enticing to the larger meat eaters.
[signature]