Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A good start to the day, more to come!
Fished the Henry's fork for 2 hour this morning, then FishingRookie had to get to class. We landed 4 fish, with three of them coming in around 19-20". Hopefully we'll do even better this afternoon!
[signature]
Nice work. Lures? Flies? Do tell.
[signature]
Nice fish guys. Did you check the ice around there at all?
[signature]
Great fish those are beauties!
[signature]
nice fish. what stretch of the henry's? on fly or lure? boat or wade? im dying to go back there and test out my new fly rod and reel i got for christmas
[signature]
Some people on the forum are a little sensitive about giving away "super secret hot spots" so I won't tell you exactly where we were, but I will say that one of the pictures actually gives away this "super secret" spot if you're familiar with the area. There, was I ambiguous enough?

Anyhoo, we were using lures, spinners to be more specific, and were fishing from the bank because we are poor college students who can't afford a boat. Haha.

Oh, and Shane, there is some ice out there, but we were too chicken to test it. It doesn't extend all the way across the river, just about 2/3 across. I think it might be thick enough to walk on, but we didn't feel like testing that.

As for an update, we pretty much got skunked this afternoon other than a little 14 incher on the Teton.
[signature]
"Anyhoo, we were using lures, spinners to be more specific, and were fishing from the bank because we are poor college students who can't afford a boat. Haha."

I don't think you can get a boat in there this time of year anyways and you are wise for not venturing on that ice for sure. Nice fish
[signature]
Last I checked the Teton was iced over in most areas. Where did you access it? You can shoot me a PM if you prefer.
[signature]
We were just outside of Newdale. The forks of the Teton are both pretty well frozen over, but if you head upstream past where they split its got a good amount of open water.
[signature]
[quote StickRig] there is some ice out there, but we were too chicken to test it. [/quote]

What some call chicken, other call still alive...... Seems like wisdom to me.
[signature]
Hey that's one of my favorites spots...mums the word!!
[signature]