Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
boise pond
just had to get out and try since the ice had melted off the pond. only fished with lures but got a 13 planter another same size jumped and got off and also got a 13 brown in the pond. never saw a brown in a pond before. only caught those in a few spots. not used to bank fishing but my bass boat is sure itching to get out and scream.
[signature]
Cool you got out and caught something. Not sure what pond you were fishing but several of the local ponds are connected to the river. I would imagine that's where the Brown came from.
[signature]
That's good to hear, always awsome when you can get into some fish, and 13 inches isn't bad if it is a stocked pond.

Since getting married and moving to Meridian I have only been out fishing a few times. We live south of the freeway on Eagle, so I drove north to the pond up by the soccer field hoping for a little fishing. 3 weeks ago it had 1-2 inches of ice, and I wasn't about to risk it. Maybe I'll have to head that way again and see.

It has Catfish (F&G relesed some big ones in before 4th of July), Bass, Green Sunfish, Trout (including some big banana trout) and some huge Carp. Although the F&G didn't think there were any Carp in there, but I'm pretty sure that's what they were.
[signature]
I'm ready too G. This warm weather has me itchen to go......
[signature]