Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your Favorite trip of 2011
Cold weather has get me wanting to get my pontoon out. It won't be long and crappie will hopefully be biting. I might take my toon out after Sturgeon first if the weather gets nicer (warmer).

Anyway, I got to looking at pictures and that got me to thinking about my favorite trip of the year. I started a thread about "fish of the year". This one is your favorite trip of the year.

Mine has to be my float trip from Swan Falls to Marshing. It was a 32 mile float trip that my son Jacob and I did over the course of two days. This trip was a catfishing safari. We both caught big cats and we had a great time doing it. My Boat was a Sportsman's 9 (aka outcast FC9)

[Image: 8-22-11V.jpg]

My son used a Creek co ODC Sport ( AKA Banana boat).

[Image: 8-22-11E.jpg]

I am not going to go over the trip again I am just telling this one with pictures. My 2011 trip of the year was amazing. I hope to do it again this year. Ron

[Image: 8-22-11G.jpg]
[Image: 8-22-11D.jpg]
[Image: 8-22-11K.jpg]
[Image: 8-22-11I.jpg]
[Image: 8-22-11P.jpg]
[Image: 8-22-11Q.jpg]
[Image: 8-22-11W.jpg]
[Image: 8-22-11Y.jpg]
[Image: 8-22-11Z-2.jpg]
[Image: SwanFalls8-24-11A.jpg]
[Image: SwanFalls8-24-11G.jpg]
[Image: SwanFalls8-24-11H.jpg]
[Image: SwanFalls8-24-11I.jpg]
[Image: SwanFalls8-24-11F.jpg]
[Image: SwanFalls8-24-11J.jpg]
[Image: SwanFalls8-24-11J-1.jpg]
[Image: SwanFalls8-24-11JD.jpg]
[Image: SwanFalls8-24-11K.jpg]
[Image: SwanFalls8-24-11LA.jpg]
[Image: SwanFalls8-24-11O.jpg]
[Image: SwanFalls8-24-11P.jpg]
[signature]
[cool] I don't have many pics of this years adventures but I am not sure if I have just one favorite trip. I hit many lakes and caught many fish. I thoroughly enjoyed my day on Deer Creek Reservoir, Ut. Caught some largemouth bass for the first time in years, Another great trip was up at Starvation Reservoir, Ut where I hooked into a rather large carp and had to chase it down. Nice 10 minute fight. I was using 8 lb test. Made it to Lake Powell for the first time since 1997. It was fun but unproductive and a little too windy. [:/] Had a great day on Utah Lake as well. A full day of white bass. Probably the best trip was the trip I took to Blind lake in the Boulder Mountains (two trips actually). The first was with my son. Two days of hiking in and fishing. The second mamatrout and my daughter wanted to go so we hiked in again. This time I was able to get a tube out on the lake and caught my first splake. Those brookies, rainbows, and splake were all really fat.[cool]
[signature]
Great looking trip and fish. I am curious about how much you used your trolling motor and how your battery held up on a two day trip. ??? Did you use it to go back up against the current any?
[signature]
The flow was over 10,000 cfs. I couldn't go up stream at all. I used it in the deep holes with eddy's a lot. I crossed from side to side, and i used it to power down stream one night to get out in time for dinner. That day I used to for a 7 mile trip from just below Celebration park to Walters ferry. The river was pushing us 3 MPH, and the motor gave us 3 MPH we were smoking getting back to the truck for dinner. I have two battery's so battery life was not an issue. Ron
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]No doubt about it. You had a good year and some epic trips. Good on ya.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I hit the water over 50 times...a lot less than I normally do. Slowing down in my old age and a lot of weather conflicts. Most of my trips were one day turnarounds. No overnighters or major long distance river runs.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I caught a lot of fish...of several species. Some good sized fish but no record breakers. Only got skunked once...on one of my first trips to Willard Bay last March. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Got some new goals and directions for this years' fishing. Hope to add a couple of new waters and at least 3 species to my fishing resume. But even if I don't...it's all good.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Also looking forward to getting our Utah float tubing club started in the next month or so. I think we will have much fun.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
My favorite trip had to be A Friday on the Berry. I happened to be going on the same day as the Strawberry Anglers Assoc. were having their annual trip. I met a ton of really nice guys, traded a few flies right on the water (one of which became my new favorite white pattern). Oh and I caught the most of all but one fellow and that was a really feather in my cap.
[signature]
All of my trips were great but the better ones were fishin with you Ron to tag those cats at Dog Creek for fish & Game, then another was the day another fisherman at SFCR who shared the color of fly he was using to catch some crappie there and it worked well for me as well, then probably the most rewarding for me personally was after another friend gave me his fly that he uses at SFCR and I went home and tied my version of it and the next time out it caught bass, walleye, and trout.

However the most fufilling was taking 2 of my grandkids out (one at a time) in my little boat and fishing with them.
[signature]