Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockport Sunday
Hey all. I'm new to this forum. For my first post I thought I'd give a report of my fishing yesterday a Rockport.

The ice was a noisy but solid 8-10 inches. I didn't get out and setup until about 10:00. Started fishing on the west side, north of the boat launch. Spent a couple of hours there without a nibble.

Packed up and headed southwest a bit. After another 30-45 minutes with nothing I was getting a bit discouraged. Moved again and POW! Immediately caught a pretty good 16" bow (the one in the pic). He came home for dinner.

Over then next three hours I caught seven more and lost two at the hole. One was 18", the rest were smaller. All were caught with wax worms on Mt Nebo tube jigs or Ratfinkees. All but the first one were released.

No tags but definitely a good day. Smile
[signature]
welcome to the site Nebo, thanks for the repor!, Im curious how the edges were up there? I understand its been a little soft with the warmth recently. Lots of people headed up there next week-
[signature]
You might even hook a few fisherman with that chili and beer you had there! Great report and welcome to the site. I look foreward to your future posts on here. Might just see ya this weekend at the Rockport perch party.
[signature]

Nebocreek- welcome to the site.
[signature]
Welcome to the forum, Nebo! And thank you for the report.

I haven't heard of any tags found yet and the contest has been going a month, so I guess we'll see if any are caught. [Wink]

Fun to try though!![laugh]
[signature]
[quote LurkinLizard]
I haven't heard of any tags found yet and the contest has been going a month, so I guess we'll see if any are caught.
[/quote]

I have heard of at least 2 being caught so far.
[signature]
Thanks for the post. Nice pic.
[signature]
Welcome to the boards and thanks for the report!
[signature]
[quote TyeDyeTwins]You might even hook a few fisherman with that chili and beer you had there!.[/quote]

could either draw them in like smelly-jelly, or might do the opposite, and make sure everyone else keeps a safe distance on the ice?!?! haha

Welcome. Nice fish there - you clearly now how to 'ice in style'!
LOL re. safe distance. That or at least upwind.
[signature]
[quote TyeDyeTwins]I have heard of at least 2 being caught so far.[/quote][font "Times New Roman"][size 3][/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3]Here are some excerpts from the rules regarding the Rafter B Tagged Fish Challenge:[/size][/#800000][/font]
[size 3][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]“If a participant catches a tagged fish during the Fishing Period [Rockport Tagged Fish Contest (the "Contest") begins at 6 a.m. January 1, 2012 and ends March 1, 2012 at 5 p.m. Mountain Time ("MT") (the "Contest Period")], he/she must present the tag to a staff member at Rafter B and he/she will be informed of what they have won. They can then go to that sponsor and present the tag to redeem their prize. No prizes will be awarded to any participant presenting a tagged fish that has been caught other than during the Fishing Period. Tags must be presented to a staff member of Rafter B during the fishing period.”[/#800000][/font][/size]
[size 3][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][/#800000][/font][/size]
[size 3][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]As of 11:40 AM, 01/31/2012,there have not been ANY tags returned to Rafter B in Wanship, UT. I can’t say whether anybody has actually caught a tagged fish, but if they have they have not turned it in to Rafter B.[/#800000][/font][/size]

[size 3][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]A[/#800000][/font][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]lso, rumors keep reporting a varying number of tagged fish released so far. According to the Rockport State Park website and verbal confirmation by a Rafter B employee over the phone this morning, the correct number is 40.[/#800000][/font][/size]
[size 3][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][/#800000][/font][/size]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3]You have until 5:00 PM on March 1, 2012 to turn one of these 40 tags into Rafter B to claim a prize.[/size][/#800000][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3][/size][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
really?? Any idea what the prizes were?
[signature]
Thanks for the correct info Bob.

What species are the tagged fish?
[signature]
[quote ReelMasta]Thanks for the correct info Bob.

What species are the tagged fish?[/quote][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]What else; rainbow trout.[/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][/#800000][/font]
[Smile]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."