Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hal, Chick, Crappie, 2-02-2012, Alone
What a beautiful day, Smile Finally got a chance to get out to try for a few crappie. They cooperated somewhat, emoScratch Still haven't found the big fish but I had a good time with the little ones just the same. Wasn't planning on keeping any anyway so something pullin' on the other end of the line was great, emoThumbsup Started out about sunrise in Possum Creek but it took a while to find some crappie who would cooperate on the other end of the line, emoScratch Not too many people out today to enjoy the great weather, (can't believe this weather for Feb. Never seen it like this before, Global warming, emoScratch May be) It was interesting when I found fish who wanted to play. Lots of 8 and 9 inch fish but very few keepers. I ended the day with a total of 54 but only had about 15 out of that total that would have kept. I put 'em all back to grow up, emoSmile It was interesting that using BG 2" shad on tight line I caught almost all shorts but when I switched to float & fly I caught more bigger fish with fewer shorts mixed in. I used the same mixture of BG colors to see if that made the difference but had no effect. The bigger fish just like the float & fly best emoScratch Biggest fish of the day was 12 & a half and had 3 or 4 more which were 12 inchers. the rest were shorter. It was fun anyway and lookin' forward to the next trip. Water temp was 50* almost everywhere. I looked at the current when I got home, they ran 88K+ all day so fishing in the river was almost impossible. Caught most of the fish in sloughs emoFish emoFish<br /><br />I did forget to give the depths. Tightline was around a 6 count in most places but some were on a 10 count. The float & fly was set at 6 feet in 12 FOW over brush in a couple places and set at 10 feet in 15 FOW over brush.